Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Which Airbus if coming from PMDG 738/777

A310 is arguably a bit more similar to Boeings (though firmly still an Airbus of course).  Honestly though, the A310 and the FBW are both free so you can’t go wrong.  

If you like it though, definitely buy the Fenix, it’s my favourite airliner right now.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, ErichB said:

Fenix and FBW are excellent.  FBW does not have fully implemented VNAV calculations, so you have to estimate/manage your descent.  Both are amazing.

After years of PMDG 737 in P3D I am a complete convert to Airbus.  They are much smarter machines.  But really looking forward to the 777

Just to add a caveat, VNAV is currently in testing in the experimental version, and performs fairly well with minor bugs here and there(hence experimental), for several months now. VNAV however is not currently tied to LNAV drawing, so you can sometimes get the LNAV drawing weird predictive turns as it's based on current speed rather than predicted, however the drawing will sort itself as your speed better reflects the expected sitatuion

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hey Guys, I am just getting acquainted with FBW and wanted to know if it's possible to save the panel state?  Mainly just hoping to be able to retain brightness settings which were are uniformly dim.

Thanks all, amazing so far and we don't have the engines running yet!  I do see the EFB can import MSFS plans--does it work pretty well?  I'm using the SimBrief one now as i follow along a video...

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

20 hours ago, Noel said:

Hey Guys, I am just getting acquainted with FBW and wanted to know if it's possible to save the panel state?  Mainly just hoping to be able to retain brightness settings which were are uniformly dim.

Yes. In the EFB, Presets. https://docs.flybywiresim.com/fbw-a32nx/feature-guides/flypados3/presets/

...jim

Edited by JimBrown

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Welcome to the 'Bus !

I would try the FBW A320N: FlyByWire Simulations

.. and if you like it, try the Fenix A320.

They're both tremendous aircraft and the FBW Development & Experimental are constantly updated and improved - always lots of new improvements to try out...

This guide isn't FBW Specific.  However the airbus info is very helpful.  
https://chucksguides.com/aircraft/fsx-p3d/fslabs-a320/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, JimBrown said:

@NoelTo be more precise it's actually ONLY the brightness and lighting that can be saved in a custom panel state with the FBW. Anything else (w&b, switches etc.) are not saved.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

@NoelTo be more precise it's actually ONLY the brightness and lighting that can be saved in a custom panel state with the FBW. Anything else (w&b, switches etc.) are not saved.

Yes thank you I found them and saved the lighting scheme.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Outside of a stuttering issue I like the FBW A320NX it's really a fantastic project and I enjoyed learning about the different systems and getting it from gate to gate which I did today for a first time after 4 trial flights where I didn't quite know what I was doing and ended up aborting.  Right now it seems like if the stuttering issue is solved there won't be a good enough reason to go w/ the Fenix for me for now at least.  It's working fine w/ A Pilot's Life and GSX Pro which is a requirement for me.  The nose wheeling steering took a little effort but it's good now.   I understand from their Discord channel this issue is being worked on currently so standby for some improvement. 

Thanks All!

Noel

For those who have used both, can you speak to whether or not you can import an MSFS WM flight plan w/ step climbs into the Fenix?  Of course also missing in the FBW is weather and terrain radar but otherwise the FBW is really a lovely plane!

Noel

The A310 would be a great stepping stone

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.