Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Yet Another Fix For 1722/Activate Problems.

My challenges/problems began with a system lock-up. Re-booted and was told that I needed to reactivate. I ran in demo mode and was dropped after 30 minutes. So I began the almost endless journey through the many-many posts from other victims of this onerous condition. As I progressed I tried the suggestions and change the registry, downloaded an official Microsoft 1772 fix, etc... Nothing worked as the clock ticked on.I was now at the point of reinstalling FSX. One of the posts warned that doing this might prevent ANY running of FSX. If that happened you would have to call India, sorry Microsoft, hope you get a decent overly compressed VoIP line and someone who speaks clear English. Also lay-on plenty of drinks and food and settle in for a long conversation.After I opened the Add or Remove program in FSX I decided to try a homemade remedy. I un-installed SP1. Then I tried FSX and the darn thing ran. So I downloaded SP1 and installed it. Started FSX and it came up with the automatic Online Re-Activation screen. After about 30 seconds FSX proceeded on and eventually ran as it used to. Was a vain attempt made in SP1 to address this problem? How does Microsoft hope to increase market share when you have to perform various arcane processes to either improve the programs performance or to recover from problems. Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Dick, cool suggestion, glad it worked for you. I'll try it out on the next simmer that contacts me with this issue ....Jon

Guest UlfB

Thanks for the info, Dick!I faught this error a couple of weeks ago. It would be nice if Microsoft or anybody came up with a FSX removal/cleaner tool.Ulf B :-)

I am glad you found a way to solve it, Dick. I will have to remember that one.As I have said many times before here, the Microsoft Knowledge Base fix for the 1722 error--completely destroyed my WinXP install--and I do sort of know my way around the hardware/software pumpkin patch... :)So it's not easy going to get around the 1722 error.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I think that it is important to note that the environment we operate FSX in is very complex. That environment is a "comprehensive" solution to many problems and desires. In short, it is an attempt to be all things to all people. The clich

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

>>In my humble opinion (aka IMHO) moving this and other>simulations to an "X-Box style" platform is the only way to>rid the game from an operating system that is plagued with>problems because of its very broad constituency. This also>removes many of the conflicts we see amongst addon programs.>Then the game is in a hardware environment that is populated>with products ranging from junk to top-end commercial items. >>Microsoft should consider an evolution to an "X-Box" type>platform for the next incarnation. It eliminates many of the>customer based variables that plague the FS series today. It>forces the program to be designed to work within a known, and>controlled, hardware and operating system. It would SAFELY>allow the product to be marketed to a broader market since it>would not be plagued with endless tweaks and hardware>combinations. In short, the customer could spend more time>"flying"!>Yes but then we would all have FIXED hardware platforms and the only way to upgrade would be to buy a new X-Box unit. I would rather eat lint than "play" a console.But let's not discuss console vs. PC in this thread, I fear already someone will see this and start going off on that tangent.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB