Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

I got my blurries to go away!! Finally!!

Guest Invertalon

I never really noticed the Blurries pre-SP1 with fsx, but afterwards they became UNBEARABLE. I did not even want to fly because no matter what I did, what tweak I tried, the textures looked horrid. After weeks of trial and error and tweaking, I finally found out why I had blurries...FPS Lock. I usually have it on unlimited because I get better performance, quite a bit actually, and when I pushed it back to 20fps lock, my blurries had gone away. I was flying at FL320 at 480knotts and no blurries. Performance has been sacrificed, however, is more worth it to have things to actually look at when you fly.I had tried all of the cfg tweaks and all that, but the answer for me at least was just the FPS lock... Score! I should of caught it soon but what can you do... Before and after shots below!

Congrats!Besides locking the FPS, I found it also invaluable to set AA and AF via the driver and not only within FSX. That and some minor fsx.cfg tweaks eliminated all my blurries and give me an (almost) stutter and blurry-free and fluid experience.Also, MS seems to be readying an "SP 0.5" for Vista that is supposed to include a bunch of compatibility, application and graphic fixes. Last I heard, it was due out by next week.http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/30/vista-p...eb-prematurely/Pat

What GREAT news. Thank you for the "heads up"! Stan

For every person that says lock FPS, there will be someone else who says do Unlimited. Honestly, this is not a fix, but a chance solution specific to your machine only.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

>For every person that says lock FPS, there will be someone>else who says do Unlimited. Honestly, this is not a fix, but a>chance solution specific to your machine only.>>That's a very debatable point...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>For every person that says lock FPS, there will be someone>else who says do Unlimited. Honestly, this is not a fix, but a>chance solution specific to your machine only.That is only because many people won't accept the technical facts. It isn't a binary choice, really!In simpler, human understandable terms then, here is how the settings are effected -Lock On (target value): spend only enough time in each cycle to achieve this frame rate target; spend the rest of the time on scenery compositing.Lock Off (Unlimited): spend all the time you need in each cycle to achieve the fastest possible framerate; oh yes, if there just happens to be a little bit of time left over, spend it on scenery compositing.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest MauiHawk

>For every person that says lock FPS, there will be someone>else who says do Unlimited. Honestly, this is not a fix, but a>chance solution specific to your machine only.Yeah, what Bill said.There are a lot of settings that will work better on some peoples rigs than others, and everyone is going to have their own optimal FPS settings. However, I think its pretty much impossible that raising the FPS setting will help with blurries. I don't recall ever reading such a report, either.

>>For every person that says lock FPS, there will be someone>>else who says do Unlimited. Honestly, this is not a fix, but>a>>chance solution specific to your machine only.>>That is only because many people won't accept the technical>facts. It isn't a binary choice, really!>>In simpler, human understandable terms then, here is how the>settings are effected ->>Lock On (target value): spend only enough time in each cycle>to achieve this frame rate target; spend the rest of the time>on scenery compositing.>>Lock Off (Unlimited): spend all the time you need in each>cycle to achieve the fastest possible framerate; oh yes, if>there just happens to be a little bit of time left over, spend>it on scenery compositing.>Thank you for saying what I didn't have the guts to say. :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

You guys are the heavy weights here, but I have to say that my machine runs FSX considerably better, or so it has always seemed after mnay experiments up and down the scale, with *unlimited* frames. No doubt in my mind. And no setting regarding FPS has any benefitial effect on the blurries for me. I have tried every other setting/tweak I've come across and nothing really fixes the blurries. (I know, I know I need new hardware)Bruce Scott

Dare I say me too. All locking FPS to a set value does for me on three C2D systems I have installed FSX upon is to cut down the FPS that I would otherwise achieve by leaving it set to unlimited by about a third, with no discernable difference in blurriness and stutteriness behaviour between the two. I swear there is just as much art to FS config settings as there is science!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Sorry guys to burst your bubble, but Max is right, not every system is the same. Case in point my system. When I'm flying in area like New York, where I get between 18-20FPS when set to unlimited if I lock it my frames will drop about 6FPS to 12-13 FPS. I know others have reported this also, as well as others who this doesn't affect. That's why I fly mine with unlimited settings. I get no stutters, and no blurries, and generally great framerates, with scenery settings set to extremely dense, Autogen set to dense, water set to 2xlow, 100% airline traffic and I use ASX for weather with max visibility set. I did find one thing that causes blurries, that others who have this problem can check. I just updated by Radeon drivers to 7.7, and started seeing blurries. I was about to rollback to 7.6, when I noticed, the the setting for DXT Texture support was turned off (Which was on before the update). I turned it back on and the blurries disappeared. So those with the blurries should check this setting for their drivers. On the ATI CCC it's in the other settings in the 3D section, not sure if Nvidia has this setting or not, but if they do, it should be checked.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d