Sign in to follow this  
Alistair Logie

Captain Sim $9.99 sale

The Capt Sim 24-hr 9.99 sale was something simmers looked forward to.  Now. It’s just appropriately priced, or slightly overpriced. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Matt King

1 hour ago, spearmint_flyer said:

It should be freeware. 

Its not up to current freeware standards.

• Upvote 2

Just brought the msfs 777. With the salty mod not bad at least till PMDG available. Very basic but usuable.

• Like 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

I can't even say much against the 757 and the 767 for P3d. They are solid planes, nice to fly, and in terms of systems a big effort compared to what they brought out for FSX before. Yes, no ACARS, and no FS2Crew support, but concidering I got one at full price and the other one for 9.99 years ago, it's OK in the average. But I rather have a big problem with the company itself, and there really aren't many of such: First that joke about the 767 GE without GE sound + Cargo without cargo door expansion 😜 (...because as we know the fast dollar should always be more important than any trust of the folks that would be willing to spend quite some money for quality in future^^), and then this nasty move to threaten Flightsim.to with legal action because they allowed to load up liveries for CS planes. Just imagine I would try to sue someone for helping me for free sell my products and make more money?! Disgusting!

And no idea how someone can make such efforts, and then flush it all down the toilet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards, Dominik

My gosh.. I was waiting for this for ages and I've missed it.

Do they do something like this in new year sales or something? I really can't see buying their 767 or 757 at their current price.

Ten dollars for any Captain Sim product is bargain.  Why complain about ten dollars??  I am very pleased with CS 757, CS 707, CS 727, and CS C-130.

It is CHEAPER than a visit to Starbucks!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Edited by Aharon
  • Upvote 1

signCopy.jpg

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

Ten dollars for any Captain Sim product is bargain.  Why complain about ten dollars??  I am very pleased with CS 757, CS 707, CS 727, and CS C-130.

Regards,

Aharon

You're conflating FSX and P3D Capt Sim with thier current catalog; concerning the latter, they're a vastly different company today.  To that point, you're paying for the external model only.  The Capt Sim that productid the models you're referring to, which are now well over a decade old, are long gone.  The new Capt Sim charges $15.00 for external models only, or $30 for external model that's tethered to the default 747 systems.  There seems to be a fair amount to 'complain' over.  

Matt King

4 hours ago, Aharon said:

Regards,

Aharon

True, but just imagine, that while your coffee is on the way, they suddenly close the bar and let you there with a cold, half done coffee and move the whole bar to another location. That wouldn't make the past coffees worse, but would make a very bad impression on the company.

Regards, Dominik

4 hours ago, VitaminA330 said:

True, but just imagine, that while your coffee is on the way, they suddenly close the bar and let you there with a cold, half done coffee and move the whole bar to another location. That wouldn't make the past coffees worse, but would make a very bad impression on the company.

I'm quite curious.

Are there any alternatives to B757 or B767 sim out there that are better than this Captainsim?

I've tried QW757, but it just isn't good enough.

43 minutes ago, Juliet Oscar Echo said:

I'm quite curious.

Are there any alternatives to B757 or B767 sim out there that are better than this Captainsim?

The answer is no unless you reinstall the Level D 767 on FS9 / FSX.

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

6 hours ago, Juliet Oscar Echo said:

I'm quite curious.

Flight Factor on XP.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus