Sign in to follow this  
kmax59

Envplus is released

Yes, but it doesn't seem to have enough an effect for my sim.  Was hoping for a wider swath of flexibility there rather than the limited slider bar lower and upper limits.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Try decreasing "HDR Contrast" to something like 0.5 to 0.8.  If that doesn't help enough you can also try decreasing "Aircraft PBR Shadows Depth".

What monitor are you using?

Unfortunately I have a problem when I use Envplus.
My aircraft lights go out when I edit the shaders with Envplus.
I use Immersion Lights on my PMDG P3D aircraft.
But even with the FS Labs, the lights go out when the view moves.
I tested the original shaders from P3D and I have no problems here. When I edit the shaders with Envshade and Envplus, the problem occurs.
Does anyone have an idea what it could be.

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

On 12/26/2022 at 11:37 PM, Juliet Alpha said:

spacer.png

I note that the volumetric clouds do look as terrible as they always have been (unfortunately). One area where the other sim does a much better job. However I did purchase Envplus and I hope I won't regret doing so.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I also use these settings in ASP3D:

spacer.pngspacer.png

And this in ENVPlus:

spacer.png

Yesterday I did a flight with EA ON and Volumetric Clouds OFF and preferred to go back to VCs ON!

Edited by Juliet Alpha
  • Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

On 12/29/2022 at 3:27 AM, CaptKornDog said:

Yes, but it doesn't seem to have enough an effect for my sim.  Was hoping for a wider swath of flexibility there rather than the limited slider bar lower and upper limits.

There is no such limit when using Envplus, did you enable the Envplus mode?
When using this mode the slider bars are replaced by unlimited editable values.

For the VC lighting, you should play with the aircraft shadows depth setting, normally it has quite a big impact so even with just Envshade you should be able to get it right for your sim.

14 hours ago, _Airbus_Fan_ said:

Unfortunately I have a problem when I use Envplus.
My aircraft lights go out when I edit the shaders with Envplus.
I use Immersion Lights on my PMDG P3D aircraft.
But even with the FS Labs, the lights go out when the view moves.
I tested the original shaders from P3D and I have no problems here. When I edit the shaders with Envshade and Envplus, the problem occurs.
Does anyone have an idea what it could be.

That's weird, were you using RDshade before using Envplus (could be some conflicting files remaining)? 
I did not see such a problem during testing, I will crosscheck and let you know. Is it with EA ON or OFF?

EDIT: just tested the 777 from PMDG with immersion package, EA ON and OFF, the lights are working as it should.

Edited by kmax59

Maxime
TOGA projects

Hi,

I have really read the User Guide, but it's still not clear for me if EnvDir MUST be running during a flight or it is only used to make parameters modifications...

Thanks

Gérard

3 hours ago, VHOJT said:

How does it compare with RDShade?

Just an FYI, there is no further development planned for RDShade according to the developer -- just support/bug fixes for the existing version. I own both and have uninstalled RDShade due to this fact. Still evaluating the TOGA product since I haven't flown much lately.

See https://forum.rdpresets.com/topic/212-still-a-dark-cockpit-cockpit-brightness-setting-below-01/?do=findComment&comment=849

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I switched from EnvShade to RDShade but now want to go with ENVPlus.

I uninstalled RDShade and removed any traces of left over files. To make sure I have all of the latest TOGA files, I re-downloaded from Simmarket all of the files for all of my Toga products.  I then re-installed everything including the P3Dv5 patches but when I hit "Install To Sim" in ENVDir I get an error message saying "Some Files are missing for P3Dv5. Please make sure you have downloaded the separate P3Dv5 updates for your Simmarket account".

When I close the error message, the install to sim seems to progress normally but because I am seeing an error message I am not sure that everything actually did install properly.

Anyone else with this problem?

Here are the installed update files/patches I've installed for each product:

For ENVSHade: Envshade_patch_1.1.7.4.1.exe

For ENVTex: Envtex_patch_1.2.7.0.exe and TOGA_ENVTEX_P3D-V5_EXPANSION

For ENVSound: Envsound_patch_1.0.3.0.exe

My P3Dv5.3 is up to date (version 5.3.17.28160).

Thanks, Lloyd

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

7 hours ago, kmax59 said:

Es gibt kein solches Limit bei der Verwendung von Envplus, haben Sie den Envplus-Modus aktiviert?
Bei Verwendung dieses Modus werden die Schieberegler durch unbegrenzt bearbeitbare Werte ersetzt.

Für die VC-Beleuchtung sollten Sie mit der Tiefeneinstellung der Flugzeugschatten spielen, normalerweise hat dies einen ziemlich großen Einfluss, so dass Sie auch mit nur Envshade in der Lage sein sollten, es für Ihre Simulation richtig zu machen.

Das ist seltsam, haben Sie RDshade verwendet, bevor Sie Envplus verwendet haben (könnten einige widersprüchliche Dateien übrig bleiben)?
Ich habe während des Tests kein solches Problem gesehen, ich werde es überprüfen und Sie wissen lassen. Ist es mit EA EIN oder AUS?

EDIT: Ich habe gerade die 777 von PMDG mit Immersionspaket, EA ON und OFF getestet, die Lichter funktionieren so, wie sie sollten.

Hello
EA is ON yes I used RDShade Shader before.
But after buying Envplus I reinstalled the P3D client and deleted all the old shaders.
So it shouldn't have anything to do with that.
Because if I use the original P3D shaders in the sim there are no problems.
If I only use Envsahde I have no problems either.
But when I apply Envplus to Envshade I get this flickering and landing light dropout.

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

Can someone enlighten me, which is the setting to increase brightness in the Virtual Cockpit? The setting is not obvious from the Envshade+Envplus menu.

• Upvote 1

On 12/29/2022 at 6:08 PM, brucewtb said:

I note that the volumetric clouds do look as terrible as they always have been (unfortunately). One area where the other sim does a much better job. However I did purchase Envplus and I hope I won't regret doing so.

Definitely something I've never been able to resolve as well.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Does anyone know how to dim down the sun?  My sun is overly bright using ENVPLUS.  I have read the manual, but wow, you need some strong sunglasses on to fly.

• Like 1

System: P3D v5.3HF2 , Intel i9-9900K o/c to 5.1Ghz, Nvidia ASUSGeForce RTX RTX 3090 24GB,  MPG Z390 Gamng Edge mobo, 64Gb G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit

On 12/30/2022 at 7:19 AM, gaab said:

Hi,

I have really read the User Guide, but it's still not clear for me if EnvDir MUST be running during a flight or it is only used to make parameters modifications...

Thanks

Gérard

you just use it to make adjustments. No advantage in keeping it open.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's