Sign in to follow this  
Egypt1234

Fuel Distrubition

Hey, Stupid question here. If I, for example, planned a flight in PFPX using the 737 and the plan says release fuel blah blah blah how do i distribute that in FS2004, in the tanks i mean like how many percentage should I add or is there a program for that. Would love to knoe

Mohamed

Mohamed,

If you are referring to FS9 I must say that I've never seen anything in any of my FS9 flight plans, which say something about "release fuel". The only thing I've seen during some of my own flight start-ups are warnings about being over-weight and these are easily rectified by decreasing the total fuel load, followed by saving that flight plan with the new fuel situation.

Moreover, almost all my own pre-programmed flight plans have fuel loads depending largely on the distances to be flown, plus about 20% in order to cater for unexpected congestion at the destination airport, more or less like in the real aviation world.

I hope this will help you but if not, then please be a little more specific about your problem/question.

Regards

Hans

I haven't come across the specific term "release fuel" but to fly an aircraft economically, only the quantity of fuel required, plus an amount to allow for delays, diversions and unfavourable wind direction, should be loaded. This keeps the aircraft as light as possible so it can achieve the best speed for the cost of the fuel. There are complicated and easy ways to calculate this amount for Flight Simulator, I do it the easy way by noting how much fuel I am left with at the end of a flight and adjusting accordingly for the future. It involves copious notes for future reference. In the real world, the crew will have lots of documentation at their fingertips to let them calculate the fuel requirement exactly.

Some aircraft cannot land safely if there is more than a certain quantity on board - this mostly refers to weight and the forces of gravity. This is more critical in the real world than in FS.

Some aircraft, like the Vickers Viscount or Concord, require to to take off with specific proportions of fuel in different tanks and to use only certain tanks, or actually pump fuel to different tanks, at specific points during the flight to balance the situation. The manual that comes with such aircraft in FS will explain how to do this. But most aircraft in FS are configured to use all tanks simultaneously to make life easier.

If by releasing fuel you mean dumping fuel off the aircraft whilst in flight, this is obviously only done in emergency given the pollution involved. It is done when through some emergency it is necessary to land at a different airport than planned. A few advanced aircraft in FS will let you do this, but you can always go into the FS fuel settings and simply change the fuel load! 

Hans has already covered a little of this nicely above but I thought perhaps to put all of my thoughts together in one shot here.

Best regards,

John

Edited by John Hinson
Speelin korreckshions

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org