Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Traffic X: Extraordinary Rendition flights?

I quote from the Just Flight Traffic X website:'Keep an eye out for clandestine CIA Extraordinary Rendition flights'.This is totally inappropriate for inclusion in a Flight Sim add-on. These flights were made for the purpose of abducting and torturing suspects, some of whom were subsequently shown to be innocent of any crime. In no way should the FS community be legitimising this activity.I call upon Just Flight to remove this 'feature' immediately.Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

:-roll Gee..... thanks for your opinion, Noel.:-roll Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Wow, just wow. Slow day?? http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/cwm/freak3.gifROFL

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Maybe it's part of a mission where the task is to intercept the plane and get the poor misidentified shmoo, whose name was probably screwed up by the CIA, off of it before it gets to a secret CIA prison and the guy has his fingernails ripped out before breakfast.But I digress...

This thread should be removed. Political opinion/discussion have no place here. This community's interest is flight simming and it should be a political free zone. There are zillions of forums to express ones political views. Send you "demand" to the authors. Bob..

Guest aeroscout

That should be as left as it gets!!!!:-rotor :-rotor :-rotor

Guest LSflyguy

Yeah, I agree that the AVSIM forums should stick to simming and steer clear of political discussion. I've seen the CIA's "rendition" aircraft taxiing at Washington Dulles on more than a few occasions. No matter what your political views happen to be, these aircraft are a fact of aviation life. There's nothing wrong with a vendor trying to duplicate aircraft traffic that exists in the real world. Should the makers of FSX also "erase" countries like North Korea, Iran, and Cuba (along with all their aircraft) because they are brutal totalitarian dictatorships? Or does your concern apply only to the United States? Or should WWII combat sims also remove the swastika from German aircraft, because many feel it's an offensive symbol? I'm certainly no supporter of the #####, but reality is reality. Let's stick to simming, and leave politics for discussion elsewhere.

Agreed with the others...no politics here. Nothing even REMOTELY political...I'd contact the authors directly for such a request. But I think you are wanting your request to be very public. That's not too good.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Have you considered the possibility that including these flights and making them visible is a subtle protest against the policies which allow them to occur?

I agree that politics has no place in Flight Sim. That WAS the entire point of my original post. The makers of Traffic X could have chosen to provide the same feature in a non-political manner by simply calling them 'smugglers' or similar. They did not. Instead they chose to include a representation of government imprisonment, torture and execution without trial. Including this feature in Traffic X cannot be justified on the basis representing reality. Otherwise the next WWII-themed combat flight simulator will have really cool AI train traffic, that allows you to overfly cattle trains entering Auschwitz. Let's keep politics out of Flight Sim.Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest BobKK

This forum is not the place for left-wing tripe, as exhibited in the first post.

>This forum is not the place for left-wing tripe, as exhibited>in the first post.Amen! I second the above opinion!Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

>This forum is not the place for left-wing tripe, as exhibited>in the first post.Yeah... And that's not a political statement... Pot's and kettles folks.Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia