Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Traffic X: Extraordinary Rendition flights?

Guest radivil

>The makers of Traffic X could have chosen to provide the same>feature in a non-political manner by simply calling them>'smugglers' or similar. They did not.That's because they're not smugglers or anything else. Its the CIA. The Rendition flights, in spite of their dubious purpose, part of the real world as much as the Janet flights are. You can't ignore things just because you disagree with them if the purpose is to create a more accurately simulated reality. I think you're way off by saying that you can't use the "representing reality" argument for allowing them. Rendition exists. Its a fact of life. And comparing Extraordinary Rendition to the deportation of the Jews is incredibly...not good and inaccurate. Also, if I was playing a flight sim that took place on the Eastern Front, I would hope the deportation was included if their stated goal was a completely accurate depiction of the Eastern Front. Otherwise, what's going to happen to all those east bound trains? Pile up at the front?Ironically, you're the one that's inserting politics into Flight Sim. Including the Rendition flights is no more politicized than including F-22s flying around Langley or aircraft carriers prowling the Persian Gulf. Saying they should be removed because you don't agree with their purpose is making it a political statement.

>This forum is not the place for left-wing tripe, as exhibited>in the first post.typical knee jerk response, no surprises here. as the great intellectual Steven Colbert once said "reality has a liberal bias"

>Let's keep politics out of Flight Sim.>>Noel. >Noel,What an absurd logic. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your politics. This forum reminds me of HAM radio. I have talked to thousands of HAMS throughout the world. Many where in China and Russia and Cuba during the cold war years. We chatted about radio's. weather and family and our villages and towns. NEVER did we touch political systems. Your lack of appreciation of that basic tenant for an international hobby forum is offensive to me. Please respect the other enthusiasts of this site and knock off your personal agenda.

<"Let's keep politics out of Flight Sim.">. . then don't bring politics in. Mods - here's another one that should be on it's way to being locked.I want to discuss/help with FS problems, graphics issues and so on.NOT get fired up by some @@@@@@@ with a "particular" religious or political comment.. . or "point".

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.