Sign in to follow this  
jkeye

Which payware heavy metal aircraft work on Vista?

Guys I just got a new PC and think FSX runs great on Vista.Sorted out the OOM issues thanks to the forum.Now I want to get some big iron!Which payware addons work well?I don't want to shell out money if they only run on FSX with XP.Any help appreciated.ThanksJay

LevelD. Just needs 2 small adjustments after install.1 - Mark the "767-300 Configuration Manager" and "767-300 Repaint Manager" in the compatibility tab as "run as administrator"2 - Change the LevelD dir user permissions.Jos

Don't have Vista and am only running XP, but don't see why that would make any difference. I ASSUME the aircraft that work in XP would probably run under Vista as well.If you have the PSS birds for FS9, they also fly well in FSX after a tweak or two which are listed in other posts. The FMC's work in the entire series of Airbus liveries as well as the Dash 8. You might prefer the textures of the IFDG birds which accept the PSS Panel with no problem although no IFDG liveries are included for the A340's to my knowledge. Not really a heavy, but the PSS Concorde2004 works as well.Good luck:RTH

Guest LSflyguy

Further explanation regarding the Level-D 767-300ER: If you already own the FS9 version of this add-on, the FSX upgrade will cost you US $15. You can also purchase the "full" FSX package from Flight1, which is the distributor for Level-D. The Level-D 767 for FSX is reported to be compatible with Vista. Note that Level-D has also released a Service Pack for the new FSX version. You can get additional info from the Level-D forum on AVSIM, or go directly to the Level-D website. Hope this helps.

Level-D, I have been running it with absolutely no issues on Vista. Also I believe that Feel-there just patched their Airbus Volume 1 and it seems to run fine now. I have not extensively tested it yet. PMDG will be releasing the 747-400 and 400F for FSX, this is a must have. If you are talking mesh then FSGenesis is awesome I have a galaxy membership. I use Ultimate Terrain USA for FSX it is a must have. Also ActiveSky is also a must have and it runs great as well on vista.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks for all that advice.I'm whipping out my plastic soon to bite the bullet!Jay