Sign in to follow this  
jmig

Matrox Triple Monitor Setup with FSX?

I am planning on making the big transition to FSX around Christmas, and am still holding on to my copy of FSX from last year's convention. Probably what had the most impact on me at the convention was the Matrox TripleHead2Go three monitor displays. When I finally get a new system and FSX up and running, my next move will hopefully be the three monitor setup. My space is rather limited, so I'm not sure if I will get 17 or 19 inch monitors, and that got me thinking of some questions. If anyone is familiar with the Matrox three monitor setups or has one, can two different monitors be used on a single setup - I mean let's say, a 19 inch center and maybe a 17 on either side, or must they all be the same size? Also, how much of a frame hit should be expected, and is there any video card that is recommended for the setup? Thanks. Tom

Yes, you can use different size monitors. However, I recommend three of the same size and make. That way everything lines up evenly and the colors are the same.I have three Samsung 940BX 19" monitors running with a 7900GS card. I can't say what happens without it, as I have always run FSX with the analog Matrox. However, I am happy with my fps (12-25fps.) I can fly overheads with fighter breaks without any problems. When you consider you have a high speed pass (300kts) a 180 degree turn then shortly another 180 turn to landing at around 129-150 kts, that to me, is a good test of the systems ability to handle changing video.It works for me. Fair warning, once to go the the Matrox, flying without it is like flying with one eye.Good luck.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset