Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

Merry Christmas! Wishes for MSFS in 2023?

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Fix the snow coverage issue and make it more realistic.  Also airports with snow that are not completely covered in snow and all white. 

I've been flying in northern Europe a lot these past few days (as is customary for the season) and was pretty irritated by that 😅 Definitley not realistic.

This sim is breathtaking in many ways, but then there are some errors/bugs/issues that I simply can't believe haven't been fixed yet.

2023, bring it on...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rimshot said:

Please let ATIS/ATC give us pressure information in millibar where necessary. It is totally annoying I get pressure in hectopascal when flying in Europe. Actually because of this I have stopped flying in Europe. Only the US for me now...

This, it's incredible this has not been changed yet, I first saw people raising this issue a month or two after MSFS release.

My Wishlist for 2023:

- The FSL concorde, we need such an aviation icon to be in the sim, with all it's complexity and quirks.

- A good ATC system, like Radar Contact, but on steroids

- A visibility slider for custom weather, along with a more complex SDK for weather radar

- A freeware section on the marketplace, one click install, one click update

• Like 1

Improved AI traffic with airliners & GA and ATC.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Great thread, and merry Christmas everyone!

My wishes and what I'm looking forward to in 2023:

1) A2A Piper Comanche, will surely be the golden standard for GA aircraft in MSFS once it arrives

2) Asobo to keep improving the ground handling/physics as they've laid out in dev Q&As. The first step towards this was great with four new flight model config parameters for aircraft devs to implement for their birds (https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/Content_Configuration/SimObjects/Aircraft_SimO/flight_model_cfg.htm?rhhlterm=ground_high_speed_steeringwheel_static_friction_scalar) and just like Fenix have already done hopefully the other main 3rd party devs will at least implement these to begin with too

3) Asobo to keep improving the default AI, or at the very least to facilitate and remove any blockers for 3rd party AI products to fully realize themselves

4) At least some early release of the FBW A380 for us to start flying with

5) PMDG 777

6) World updates in one or more of these regions: South America, Africa, South/East Asia, Oceania

7) What MS/Asobo called out as big "surprises" on the 2023 roadmap... very intrigued, wonder if seasons is on that list.

Generally just looking forward to the substantial roadmap MS/Asobo have laid out for 2023 including the three aircraft/avionics updates, world updates, city/region updates, and core sim updates... and also all what the major 3rd party aircraft devs have in store, especially Fenix, PMDG, A2A, iniBuilds, Milviz.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

55 minutes ago, Noel said:

More variety in speech for default ATC.  The main guy sounds so goofy, not like any ATC one would hear in the RW.  Sounds like he is reading from a script with very wrong inflections.

With respect to the voices, why did they not use the ones from FSX? There are multiple variations, and none of them sound "goofy". There is no point in changing stuff if the replacement is inferior to the original!!

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Watermasking, because flying over Italy and not seeing our beautiful waters makes me sad.

And more cloud variation. Anything else i am really quite happy with. Ah no wait, improving AI traffic too!

• Like 3

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I’ll add the release of the SWS / Pilots Dash-7, which is probably the wish that will come true the soonest!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

39 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

Watermasking, because flying over Italy and not seeing our beautiful waters makes me sad.

At the beginning it was quite slow, then watermasking went up a notch in term of priority, no idea if it's progressing as well as before now

Merry Christmas everyone! 

My wish: 737-900ER and 777 all the Boeing power. As some have mentioned, improved AI traffic and ATC.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

I am hoping for some classic airliners in 2023.  707, 727 and whatever else manages to come out.  We got a few coming like a DC-10 but that is about all I know so far!

Seasons and general weather engine improvements.  Also at some point the scenery needs to be updated.  Its from what 2015?  Asobo has indicated it will get an update at some point. 

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

Fix the snow coverage issue and make it more realistic.  Also airports with snow that are not completely covered in snow and all white.  

cirrus clouds. 

wx radar 

2 hours ago, thepilot said:

I've been flying in northern Europe a lot these past few days (as is customary for the season) and was pretty irritated by that 😅 Definitley not realistic.

This sim is breathtaking in many ways, but then there are some errors/bugs/issues that I simply can't believe haven't been fixed yet.

2023, bring it on...

The current beta version of MSFS (1.30.7.0) is fixing this issue quite well!

I'm having a total of 108 airports which I've got an addon for and of the 67 of them which are in regions where's snow during winter (EDxx, LOxx, EPxx, EFxx, ENxx, etc) I couldn't use 65 of them due to this bug. Only LSZS Samedan and EFKT Kittilä (both from flightsim.to) were good.

I've filed a ticket in October about this bug and now, with opting in to the beta programme, I am now having only 20 airports that are ununsable during snow (88 out of 108 usable due to fixed snow on RWYs and TWYs and geographic location!).

Unfortunately five of those which are not working are Pyreegues airports (EGPH, EGPF, UKOO, UKBB, UKLL) and I've reached out to the dev.

It was the first time Viacheslav has heard of this issue and I'm sure it will be adressed when MSFS Version 1.30.7.0 is out of beta and to become the latest stable version.

Buggy airports all have the same issue: a big square of non covered ground under RWYs or aprons. For example EFKT Kittilä from flightsim.to and LZTT Poprad:
BgF1aOv.jpeg

xVtwzYk.jpeg

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

With respect to the voices, why did they not use the ones from FSX? There are multiple variations, and none of them sound "goofy". There is no point in changing stuff if the replacement is inferior to the original!!

Oh man, 100%!

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I don’t think the Azure voices are that bad. At least not compared to the voices in FSHud (the only 3rd party ATC addon I own). I’ve checked out the available voices at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/products/cognitive-services/text-to-speech/#overview and I find it a bit odd that the technology is not implemented in a better way in MSFS, being a MS product.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

12 hours ago, vitolo said:

At least some night lighting (mostly in ramp) for default aiports. Not being able to see anything at night at the airports is the n°1 immersion breaker for me.

Merry Christmas all!

Vitolo, have you tried:  https://flightsim.to/file/8614/airports-lights

I agree with many others mentioned.  I would add one more:  The ability to change aircraft in sim.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vitolo said:

At least some night lighting (mostly in ramp) for default aiports. Not being able to see anything at night at the airports is the n°1 immersion breaker for me.

Merry Christmas all!

Vitolo, have you tried:  https://flightsim.to/file/8614/airports-lights

I agree with many others mentioned.  I would add one more:  The ability to change aircraft in sim.