Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Getting MSFS to re-recognise TrackIR

Does anyone know a way to get MSFS to acknowledge TrackIR is actually running again after the TrackIR software has crashed?

I just had it ruin my first flight in my shiny new 737.

It doesn't crash often. It's rare. In fact, I think this was only the second time but when I have to restart TrackIR then MSFS no longer acknowledges it's running and it no longer works in the sim. The only way to get it to work as far as I can tell is to restart the sim.

So does anyone know of a way to get it working again without me having to bin my flight?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Don’t think that is possible, unfortunately. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

55 minutes ago, James Callan said:

Have you tired closing and restarting Track IR while the sim is running? Works for me.

As I explained, this doesn't work. That's the point I was making, buddy. Because it doesn't work I have to restart the sim.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

When does this happen? In my case, the only time MSFS loses Trackir is when I make exaggerated moves like putting the headpiece on while they leds are switched on.

It seems like MSFS is getting data that it can't compute and thus stops analysing it.

Edited by orchestra_nl
Removed space

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I have never been able to revcover TrackIr while the sim is running. 

• Like 3

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

23 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

When does this happen? In my case, the only time MSFS loses Trackir is when I make exaggerated moves like putting the headpiece on while they leds are switched on.

It seems like MSFS is getting data that it can't compute and thus stops analysing it.

Almost never. As I have said, I think this is only the second time in 14 months of using MSFS. I don't fly without TrackIR. I had that theory about MSFS losing it with exagerated moves after the last time it happened and I have since tested that to extremes and it hasn't ever gone nuts on me. Besides, I think it's TrackIR that is crashing and when it does the sim loses it but never acknowledges it has been restarted. Once TrackIR software feezes and needs to be restarted MSFS won't link with it again until you restart the sim. I was hoping that someone had figured out a way to avoid the restart but so far, it doesn't seem so.

1 minute ago, FlightSimToday said:

OK guys if it crashes restart trackir and then search for mouse emulation.

Then it will work.

Could you explain that a little further, buddy?

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Could you explain that a little further, buddy?

If the movements stop in sim. Search the start menu for mouse emulation. Click that result and as long as trackir is working it should then start working in the sim again 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, FlightSimToday said:

If the movements stop in sim. Search the start menu for mouse emulation. Click that result and as long as trackir is working it should then start working in the sim again

Search for "mouse emulation" in windows?

I had Track IR intermittently shut down, after it was about 13 years old. Problem was the USB interface in  track IR which died of old age. A new Track IR  about 1 1/2 years ago, and it never shut down again. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

16 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Search for "mouse emulation" in windows?

Yes...in lower left corner where it displays Type here to search. When you enter Mouse Emulation, the TIRMouse Emulation App will appear and you can start it...

• Like 2

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

27 minutes ago, FlightSimToday said:

Thanks for the tip! I did not know this!

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5