Sign in to follow this  
Th1racer

XP12 Beech Baron 58 Flight Checklist

Hello Pilots ! Am new to XP so sorry if this is a stupid question.lol... Am looking for a complete Fight Checklist from Checking outside of the plane, Starting plane, taxing, Flight etc all the way to proper shut down procedure. I Fire up XP12 in the Beechcraft Baron 58 click on Checklist from the drop down menu, click on Load new checklist and nothing but the XP12 C drive Folder. I can not find any checklist. I have looked in every folder. Maybe I overlooked it ? Can anyone help me with this ? Thanks !

Edited by Th1racer

From the manual:

X-Plane has the ability to display a simple checklist in the simulator. This checklist must be stored somewhere in the X‑Plane directory as a plain text (‘.txt’) file.

To load a check list, open the File menu and click Open Checklist. Click on Load New Checklist and navigate to your ‘.txt’ file. Open it and you will see the checklist displayed line-by-line in the checklist window. You can use the forward and back buttons to go to the next and previous lines, respectively.

If you prefer to see the text file all at once (rather than line-by-line as in the checklist view), you can select Open Text File from the File menu and then load a file in the manner discussed above

You are probably better off printing out a PDF with a real life checklist or using a free third party tool called xchecklist and use it with one of the freely available B58 checklists

Also there is a payware option, Reality Expansion Pack for default B58 Baron which comes with many improvementes including a kneeboard checklist. Strongly recommended if you like to fly the Baron often. 

Edited by peroni

1 hour ago, peroni said:

From the manual:

You are probably better off printing out a PDF with a real life checklist or using a free third party tool called xchecklist and use it with one of the freely available B58 checklists

Also there is a payware option, Reality Expansion Pack for default B58 Baron which comes with many improvementes including a kneeboard checklist. Strongly recommended if you like to fly the Baron often. 

THANKS ! I made a Google Sheets Spreadsheet years ago that I was gonna modify for the B58 but wanted to see what XP12 had to offer.

So there is nothing in XP12 Default for checklists ?

Gonna try out that XCecklist ! and Possibly get that Reality Expansion Pack for the B58 Baron if this bird is gonna be my go to. Right now the Landing on the B58 is choppy hard landings. Heard thats a work in progress

THANKS Again for the help !

23 hours ago, Th1racer said:

Hello Pilots ! Am new to XP so sorry if this is a stupid question.lol... Am looking for a complete Fight Checklist from Checking outside of the plane, Starting plane, taxing, Flight etc all the way to proper shut down procedure. I Fire up XP12 in the Beechcraft Baron 58 click on Checklist from the drop down menu, click on Load new checklist and nothing but the XP12 C drive Folder. I can not find any checklist. I have looked in every folder. Maybe I overlooked it ? Can anyone help me with this ? Thanks !

Inside the default Baron58 folder you can find the "X-Plane_Baron_Pilot_Operating_Manual" PDF with a checklist and more.

X-Plane 12\Aircraft\Laminar Research\Beechcraft Baron 58

Edited by RedPxl

On 12/26/2022 at 1:11 PM, RedPxl said:

Inside the default Baron58 folder you can find the "X-Plane_Baron_Pilot_Operating_Manual" PDF with a checklist and more.

X-Plane 12\Aircraft\Laminar Research\Beechcraft Baron 58

THANKS ! Im Using this and other resource to build my own detailed laminated checklist.