Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

ORBx TerraFlora Trees v2

Is there a way to stop the TerraFlora Hard Winter trees being displayed in P3Dv4.5HF2? I have noticed white (snow covered) conifers in parts of ORBx TrueEarth Great Britain North, and they look wrong when the surrounding landscape does not have any snow at all!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have solved it. I changed the names of the WINTER tree textures to the HARD WINTER equivalents, and now the WINTER trees are being displayed in December and January.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 12/27/2022 at 9:09 AM, Christopher Low said:

I have solved it. I changed the names of the WINTER tree textures to the HARD WINTER equivalents, and now the WINTER trees are being displayed in December and January.

thanks for sharing ! Indeed looks much better .

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

One of the wonders of ESP: being able to edit files at ease.

• Like 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

That is another reason why I have resisted the temptation to purchase MSFS. It may look great, but there are numerous things that I see mentioned on these forums that would annoy me, and this is one of them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 12/27/2022 at 2:09 AM, Christopher Low said:

How do you go about changing texture file names and get them to display. And, a slightly different question. Does Flora Fauna 2 work with HD Trees or should HD Trees be uninstalled. Thanks

Sherm

• Search for your Global TerraFlora v2/scenery/global/texture folder
  • Identify the tree textures with "HW" in the name
  • Save copies of these elsewhere as backups
  • Identify the tree textures with "WI" in the name
  • Copy these to a folder on your desktop
  • Change the names of these "WI" textures in this desktop folder to "HW" textures
  • Copy these updated textures back to the Global TerraFlora v2/scenery/global/texture folder, overwriting the existing "HW" textures

I am not certain regarding your question about HD Trees, but I think that this product only updates the ORBx FTX trees (not the TrueEarth versions).

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply. I do not have True Earth...just global base, several regional LCs, airports etc. I think I should look at ORBX docs for Flora and see if that sheds any light, and/or post on ORBX forum.

Sherm

Edited by shermank