Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Want to run fsx with fs9 performance?

Guest Pilot533

I am suffering with stability problems with my pc at the moment, but the performance is great with most of the display sliders turned all the way up. http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FSX_FPS_Guide. The cfg tweaks on this website helped me alot, but instead of using a text band mult setting of 400 im using 200, and my performance is best with the fps set to unlimited. Light bloom is an absolute killer, fps go from 30 to 12 with it turned on. All of the scenery settings are set to max including autogen, except water is low 2.x. I also set my pci-e frequency to 120 instead of the default 100, made a huge difference. Gained about 10 fps out of that. I hope these tweaks may help some people enjoy fs some more.

It's my understanding that many of the tweaks that are out will make no difference in FSX if you are using SP1.Be careful you don't cook that pci-e bus.

Guest tmilton

Also be aware that a selected few of those tweaks can degrade your simming experience without necessarily providing you with any benefit in the performance category.

Yeah guys - I wrote that guide prior to the SP1 release, it no longer applies. I should probably just take it down at this point...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com