Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Anyone else have Nvidia and purple waters?

Guest Eagletail

I don't understand what suddenly has happened to my ocean coasts in FSX, but in some spots I'm picking up these terrible purple textures while flying. Is there any way to get rid of this? I'm using a Nvidia 7900 GS with driver version 94.24 (the latest version is just as bad). Can this be strictly video driver related? From the California coast:http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/Ea...rple_waters.jpgAdd-ons: ASX, X Graphics, Ultimate Terrain X USA and Vancouver+.

>I don't understand what suddenly has happened to my ocean>coasts in FSX, but in some spots I'm picking up these terrible>purple textures while flying. Is there any way to get rid of>this? I'm using a Nvidia 7900 GS with driver version 94.24>(the latest version is just as bad). Can this be strictly>video driver related? >>From the California coast:>>http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/Ea...rple_waters.jpg>>Add-ons: ASX, X Graphics, Ultimate Terrain X USA and>Vancouver+.Mark see link ;-) still no solution :(http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=405694&page=3Cheers,Andr

André

Guest Xiderpunk

There is a work around which will prevent this from occurring on 7 series cards, untick the "Use Land-detail textures" option in your settings and no more purple. Not ideal solution but it works.

Guest jshyluk

Obscure Joke Flag is /ONThe purple waters are just part of the undocumented "Wine Dark Sea" option. Obscure Joke Flag is /OFFJeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Guest Xiderpunk

Hehe, hang on perhaps I should ask Pete to do a purple look we can implement into FEX! We could recolor all textures to the same shade of purple and at least it will all look consistent! ;-)

>There is a work around which will prevent this from occurring>on 7 series cards, untick the "Use Land-detail textures">option in your settings and no more purple. Not ideal solution>but it works.That isn't a workaround you loose a lot of detail ;-) and not only water :-lolCheersAndr

André

Guest Xiderpunk

Agree Andre.. I should have stressed this is not really an acceptable work-around for that very reason, really I hope everyone supports your bid to get this looked at by Nvidia (which everyone is grateful for your efforts!)Regards,Chris Norris

Guest Eagletail

Hey, guys, thanks for the help. Actually, I've come across something due to my good friend at VOZ (http://vistaoz.org/), Stian, who suggested that I play with my X Graphics settings. Nvidia obviously needs to work on this, but if you have X Graphics, consider changing the water textures to see if this doesn't obliviate the problem. It seems to have helped me for the time being! :-)

Guest Xiderpunk

Glad you have found a solution :-). In all fairness to XGraphics, we have noticed this problem occuring occasionally on FEX water textures with no apparent rhyme or reason. The only common thing is it only happens on a 7 series Nvidia card.

The plot thickens: The 7900 I had in my system never exhibited this issue, but swapping it over to my son's computer and now we see occasional purple water thing on his system. We have the same motherboard (his is a later rev) and a similar CPU (his is an E4300).Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>Glad you have found a solution :-). In all fairness to>XGraphics, we have noticed this problem occuring occasionally>on FEX water textures with no apparent rhyme or reason. The>only common thing is it only happens on a 7 series Nvidia>card.Indeed it has nothing to do with the textures but it's just a nvidia 7 series bug which you notice on darker water textures and with the default it's hardly to notice but it's there blocky out of sync textures ;-)Cheers,Andr

André

>The plot thickens: The 7900 I had in my system never>exhibited this issue, but swapping it over to my son's>computer and now we see occasional purple water thing on his>system. We have the same motherboard (his is a later rev) and>a similar CPU (his is an E4300).>>GaryThat is really weird.So it must be some COMBINATION of hardware and software that sets off the purple water.Obviously a 7xxx series nvidia card is the first ingredient;and as to the other ingredients, hard to say...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I too have noticed this on my system. It seems to only happen if I activate the X-Graphics textures from within Active Sky X. If I close FSX, open X-Graphics and choose default theme, restart FSX and begin flying the "wine water" disappears.

>I too have noticed this on my system. It seems to only>happen if I activate the X-Graphics textures from within>Active Sky X. If I close FSX, open X-Graphics and choose>default theme, restart FSX and begin flying the "wine water">disappears.A bunch of us had the purple water long before X-Graphics was released.It doesn't have anything to do with X-Graphics, we do know that. X-Graphics might *affect* it because of changing the offending textures, but X-Graphics did not cause it, because it existed before any of us had X-Grpahics installed.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB