Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Rudder pedals for A330

Are there any good/realistic A320 rudder pedals out there?  I currently use the Logitech pro pedals but am looking for something more geared for the A320.  Thoughts? 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Title says A330 but I meant A320

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Zimmer, you should probably wait for the Honeycomb Charlie unless you really want something that is Airbus specific, then I don't know...

https://flyhoneycomb.com/collections/honeycomb-flight-sim-hardware/products/charlie-rudder-pedals

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I fly the Fenix 99% of the time and I use the Logitech Pedals, which work fine. What do you want the pedals to do? 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

30 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Are there any good/realistic A320 rudder pedals out there?  I currently use the Logitech pro pedals but am looking for something more geared for the A320.  Thoughts? 

You are looking for something like this:

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/30596-acc-rudder-pedals-feedback/

or these from Opencockpit that i personally have in use

Airbus Steel pedals (opencockpits.com)

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Another solution : MFG Crosswind pedals + Airbus footrests kit :

https://mfg-sim.com/en/rudders/51-mfg-crosswind-v3-grey.html

These pedals have hall sensors, no potis, so no wear and tear at all. I have mine since five years now.

If you additionally buy the hydraulic dampers, you can set them up quite close to the real force , and they also almost eliminate the centering force. Real A320 pedals don't have any centering force (unfortunately present in many pedals, even expensive replicas like Opencockpit or FSC).

If you want them to look even more like A320 pedals, you can get these center cover. Fits well over the MFGs. : https://airframelab.eu/product/a320-saitek-rudder-mod/

Mike

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I fly the Fenix 99% of the time and I use the Logitech Pedals, which work fine. What do you want the pedals to do? 

Just looking for a more realistic setup. I have a throttle quadrant on order from throttletek and have a realistic airbus stick so I wanted to see if there was anything more a320 specific. 

1 hour ago, BerndB said:

You are looking for something like this:

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/30596-acc-rudder-pedals-feedback/

or these from Opencockpit that i personally have in use

Airbus Steel pedals (opencockpits.com)

Are the opencockpit ones compatible and plug and play with msfs?

1 hour ago, mikealpha said:

Another solution : MFG Crosswind pedals + Airbus footrests kit :

https://mfg-sim.com/en/rudders/51-mfg-crosswind-v3-grey.html

These pedals have hall sensors, no potis, so no wear and tear at all. I have mine since five years now.

If you additionally buy the hydraulic dampers, you can set them up quite close to the real force , and they also almost eliminate the centering force. Real A320 pedals don't have any centering force (unfortunately present in many pedals, even expensive replicas like Opencockpit or FSC).

If you want them to look even more like A320 pedals, you can get these center cover. Fits well over the MFGs. : https://airframelab.eu/product/a320-saitek-rudder-mod/

Mike

I’m sure I just missed it but where are the foot rest kits for the mfg crosswind?   And that rudder mod in the second link is just the center portion for the saitek?

34 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I’m sure I just missed it but where are the foot rest kits for the mfg crosswind?   And that rudder mod in the second link is just the center portion for the saitek?

The footrests kit is below the base pedals. Click on the model selector and choose 'Airbus'. 

Yes, the second link is just meant for the center portion. If you contact them, you can get a reduced price for just that. 

Mike

5 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

The footrests kit is below the base pedals. Click on the model selector and choose 'Airbus'. 

Yes, the second link is just meant for the center portion. If you contact them, you can get a reduced price for just that. 

Mike

Ah. I see it now.  Thanks.  You have these and like them?  Seems like the best option for under $1000.  Do they sell these pedals anywhere other than the site you sent?  Any msfs compatibility issues, particularly with the fenix?

Edited by Zimmerbz

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ah. I see it now.  Thanks.  You have these and like them?  Seems like the best option for under $1000.  Do they sell these pedals anywhere other than the site you sent?  Any msfs compatibility issues, particularly with the fenix?

Yes, I have two of these in my A320 home cockpit with P3D and FSLabs and like them. According to two A320 RW pilots the feel is very close to the real thing.

I plugged them once into my Laptop, no problem at all to set them up in MSFS. I don't have the Fenix though, so can't tell.

You can only buy them directly from MFG. They are usually out of stock with the base pedals around Christmas, but should restock them soon.

Mike

Edited by mikealpha

18 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

Yes, I have two of these in my A320 home cockpit with P3D and FSLabs and like them. According to two A320 RW pilots the feel is very close to the real thing.

I plugged them once into my Laptopp, no problem at all to set them up in MSFS. I don't have the Fenix though, so can't tell.

You can only buy them directly from MFG. They are usually out of stock with the base pedals around Christmas, but should restock them soon.

Mike

Thanks.  I will definitely consider these!

The answer to really any kind of rudder pedal desire at all anymore is the MFG.  I don't even think the dampener is required but some folks like it.  I have the "combat footrests" which don't exactly mimic any aircraft but are really just normal aircraft footrests, the kind where you fly with your heels on the floor and balls of your feet on the bottom of the pedals.  They feel plenty realistic enough in the sim for everything from a Stearman to a 737.  If you want more aircraft specific foot rests, those are available too.

Andrew Crowley

I concur with the other MFG users above. They are some of the best sim rudder pedals availble now days. I bought mine around 5 years ago, and they are working as best as they were when they where brand new. No issues at all. Supper smooth, easy to set up and strong.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11