Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Rudder pedals for A330

8 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Are the opencockpit ones compatible and plug and play with msfs?

They act like another joystick axe via USB card. Three of them, rudder, left and right brake. Plug in, calibrate and go

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

4 hours ago, sniper31 said:

I concur with the other MFG users above. They are some of the best sim rudder pedals availble now days

I second or third that, very high quality workmanship! Highly recommended!

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

On 12/28/2022 at 9:48 AM, mikealpha said:

Another solution : MFG Crosswind pedals + Airbus footrests kit :

https://mfg-sim.com/en/rudders/51-mfg-crosswind-v3-grey.html

These pedals have hall sensors, no potis, so no wear and tear at all. I have mine since five years now.

If you additionally buy the hydraulic dampers, you can set them up quite close to the real force , and they also almost eliminate the centering force. Real A320 pedals don't have any centering force (unfortunately present in many pedals, even expensive replicas like Opencockpit or FSC).

If you want them to look even more like A320 pedals, you can get these center cover. Fits well over the MFGs. : https://airframelab.eu/product/a320-saitek-rudder-mod/

Mike

I went ahead and bought the mfg v3.  So far so good... question, for A320 flying, how tight do you make the spring?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

6 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I went ahead and bought the mfg v3.  So far so good... question, for A320 flying, how tight do you make the spring?

You probably mean the strenght of the hydraulic damping, that's what you can adjust. 

You have 24 positions/clicks, 24 being max dampening. 

I have it on position 18. So adjust it to max dampening and then 6 clicks back. That's the easiest way. 

That setting was confirmed by an Eurowings pilot to be quite close to the real thing. 

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

7 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Yep, i got these as well.  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

8 hours ago, mikealpha said:

You probably mean the strenght of the hydraulic damping, that's what you can adjust. 

You have 24 positions/clicks, 24 being max dampening. 

I have it on position 18. So adjust it to max dampening and then 6 clicks back. That's the easiest way. 

That setting was confirmed by an Eurowings pilot to be quite close to the real thing. 

I'm probably just looking in the wrong place but where do you see that?  I don't have anything that I can see that clicks or that I can set to a position.  Is there instructions somewhere that can guide me?  

Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I'm probably just looking in the wrong place but where do you see that?  I don't have anything that I can see that clicks or that I can set to a position.  Is there instructions somewhere that can guide me?  

Did you add the hydraulic dampers to the pedal purchase, as recommended in my initial post? 

https://mfg-sim.com/en/rudder-acessories/43-hydraulic-damper-retrofit-kit-for-v12.html

27 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

Did you add the hydraulic dampers to the pedal purchase, as recommended in my initial post? 

https://mfg-sim.com/en/rudder-acessories/43-hydraulic-damper-retrofit-kit-for-v12.html

Ah.. No i didn't.  I'll need to order those too.  Thanks for clarification!

25 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ah.. No i didn't.  I'll need to order those too.  Thanks for clarification!

Ok, very good. 

These dampers are the key to give you an as close as possible A320 feel. By adjusting the force AND almost eliminating the centering force not present in the real pedals.

34 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

Ok, very good. 

These dampers are the key to give you an as close as possible A320 feel. By adjusting the force AND almost eliminating the centering force not present in the real pedals.

Thanks!

On 1/12/2023 at 7:24 AM, Zimmerbz said:

Ok, I got my dampener and put it to 18.... I am not an airline pilot so I cannot compare but I feel as though these are super difficult to push at 6 clicks back from full.  Is that what you feel?  I am probably just not used to it but find it super stiff!

2 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ok, I got my dampener and put it to 18.... I am not an airline pilot so I cannot compare but I feel as though these are super difficult to push at 6 clicks back from full.  Is that what you feel?  I am probably just not used to it but find it super stiff!

I believe they change ‘stiffness’ in real life airbus when the aircraft it’s at different speeds…