Sign in to follow this  
Antonov22

RFSB release Charleroi/Brussels-South (EBCI) for v4/v5

Scenery available on Simmarket:

https://secure.simmarket.com/rfscenerybuilding-ebci-brussels-south-p3d.phtml

Major hub for two major ULCC airlines, Ryanair & Wizzair.

Scenery looks good, however judging from available charts lacks the latest extension on the eastern side of the runway? (Maybe no satellite imagery available at the time of development, similar to Fsim Halifax and the cargo apron?)

Anyway great little airport for some short haul through Europe!

Edited by Antonov22
  • Like 4

Kind Regards,

Peter

Great! I have been waiting for this one. Thanks for posting.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Looks like Simmarket has completely gone south regarding P3D. 

The guy doing the P3D installers is gone, so all sceneries come without installers now. 

Not a big problem of course, but it's remarkable. 

Mike

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

4 hours ago, mikealpha said:

The guy doing the P3D installers is gone, so all sceneries come without installers now. 

Might not be such a bad thing with v6 not too far away. It would require a lot of work to add a v6 option. A straight copy / paste of the scenery is generally enough plus the same for scenery.cfg or the addon equivalent.

I'm sure we all know how to install manually and if not then there's plenty of help available here.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

53 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Might not be such a bad thing with v6 not too far away. It would require a lot of work to add a v6 option. A straight copy / paste of the scenery is generally enough plus the same for scenery.cfg or the addon equivalent.

You are very optimistic regarding V6 scenery compatibility 🙂

With almost all developers disappeared we can only hope...

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

51 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

You are very optimistic regarding V6 scenery compatibility 🙂

With almost all developers disappeared we can only hope...

I try to be a half-full chap rather than half-empty. 😁 If scenery worked in v5 with the new terrain detail I’m hopeful v6 won’t break anything.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray, without violating a possible DNA, can you provide any more info about V6, for example, are you 100% sure this will happen? 
Thanks

Sherm

3 hours ago, shermank said:

Hi Ray, without violating a possible DNA, can you provide any more info about V6, for example, are you 100% sure this will happen? 
Thanks

Sherm

I’m not sure about anything Sherm. Just using logic based on previous versions. LM try to maintain backward compatibility.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

20 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m not sure about anything Sherm. Just using logic based on previous versions. LM try to maintain backward compatibility.

Like you, I am unsure but hopeful. With that said, the whole question of v6 is about monetizing the product and nothing else. LM developed P3D as a military training tool. The “academic” version most of us enjoy is no doubt peanuts when factored into the company’s array of product and revenue stream. We will get v6 only if the accountants who make decisions see value. Or, it is possible a v6 will come along with only military application whose co development into a hobbyist product would jeopardize its security and primary intent as a military trainer.

sherm

Bravo to RFScenery Building for releasing a P3D product. If only RD Presets could have done the same with v2 of EHRD Rotterdam (and denying me the one airport in the entire world that I wanted more than anything in P3Dv4).

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I noted that the DME was missing on the ILS to rwy 24 at EBCI, and sent an e-mail to the developer.  The response was, "Perhaps.  The ILS is stock in the scenery."

That's why we buy add-on sceneries--to get outdated stock features.

Argh.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Just a quick update, that this recently released scenery is now on sale at Simmarket for just a bit over 17Euros which is good value given the quality of the airport if you dont mind editing the AFCAD to rectify the above mentioned issue with the ILS .

Also, apparently there is another update to come from the Developer since ECBI recently received a runway extension for Rwy 24. No mention of when this update will likely come but Developer mentioned they are waiting for updated satellite imagery to become available.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Any of you seeing that dynamic lights not lighting up PBR surfaces? Very strange... This would indicate that the developer isn't using the latest SDK as per info I could find in older forums posts. I would have gone to fix them but can't find the file in which DL's are stored... Anyone else seeing the same issue at night? 

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

Heads up! V2 is now available, which includes the extended runway!

I didn't get any update notification, however the release of v2 for MSFS made me check the P3D release and it too mentions a v2 release.

Update is free BTW!

• Like 1

Kind Regards,

Peter

5 hours ago, Antonov22 said:

Heads up! V2 is now available, which includes the extended runway!

I didn't get any update notification, however the release of v2 for MSFS made me check the P3D release and it too mentions a v2 release.

Update is free BTW!

If you use the Simmarket App you'll get informet in the App.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods