Sign in to follow this  

Flight Planning help!

I was wondering if there is a way for me to create my own flight plans and import them into fsx? When i use the flight planner built into fsx it wont allow me to input ndb's or edit its created plan in any way. I want to be able to choose my own waypoints and then import them into the gns430 in the ES cirrus sr20. I cant even create a flight plan inside the gns430 so i have to do it outside the sim i am assuming? I dont see any way in the flight plan page in the gns430 to add more than one waypoint and i dont like the fsx generated plan. Anyone? Thanks.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest RonB49

>When i use the flight planner built into fsx it wont allow me to >input ndb's or edit its created plan in any way.I don't have the Cirrus SR20 or the GNS430 but, on the surface, the statement above seems untrue. You CAN change a flight plan as created by the default FSX FLight Planner. You can delete waypoints using a button on the interface page. You can add waypoints, including NDBs, by accessing the Flight Planner Map, grabbing the flightpath line, and dragging it to any NDB or other waypoint shown on the map. Does this help or have I completely misunderstood the problem?R-

Guest radivil

You CAN change a>flight plan as created by the default FSX FLight Planner. You>can delete waypoints using a button on the interface page. >You can add waypoints, including NDBs, by accessing the Flight>Planner Map, grabbing the flightpath line, and dragging it to>any NDB or other waypoint shown on the map. Does this help or>have I completely misunderstood the problem?>>R-That's how I read it too. All you have to do is grab that red line and just drag it to whatever navigation point you want to use. Here's a flight plan down the west coast of Florida using only NDBs I made: http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176192.jpg

you got it! awesome! thats just what i was looking for. i didnt realize you could manipulate your waypoints based on dragging that line. i was looking for a way to manually input ndbs and gps coords and never even thought that dragging the line to those points would do it. thanks!________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup