Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

AAU1 Update

Recommended Posts

Nope


Ron Hamilton

 

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As fakfeflyer737 (great name btw) mentioned, no -- it hasn't dropped yet. But, I am on the AAU beta and I can say that it's absolutely amazing. The update to the G3/5000 is extensive and close to "study level". Also, the CJ4 has rececived an amazing update to its avionics. Lately, whenever I'm flying these planes, I have to pinch myself that they're default planes. The Working Title team has really brought so much value to this platform, its pretty much immeasurable.  

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bdub22 said:

As fakfeflyer737 (great name btw) mentioned, no -- it hasn't dropped yet. But, I am on the AAU beta and I can say that it's absolutely amazing. The update to the G3/5000 is extensive and close to "study level". Also, the CJ4 has rececived an amazing update to its avionics. Lately, whenever I'm flying these planes, I have to pinch myself that they're default planes. The Working Title team has really brought so much value to this platform, its pretty much immeasurable.  

After AAU1 drops, will we still need the WT CJ4 mod, or will all of that WT goodness be in the default CJ4?


Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mace said:

After AAU1 drops, will we still need the WT CJ4 mod, or will all of that WT goodness be in the default CJ4?

It's in the default then. The default package is getting more and more awesome I have to say!


Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mace said:

After AAU1 drops, will we still need the WT CJ4 mod, or will all of that WT goodness be in the default CJ4?

The mod must be removed. A new and better version is in the AAU1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

As fakfeflyer737 (great name btw) mentioned, no -- it hasn't dropped yet. But, I am on the AAU beta and I can say that it's absolutely amazing. The update to the G3/5000 is extensive and close to "study level". Also, the CJ4 has rececived an amazing update to its avionics. Lately, whenever I'm flying these planes, I have to pinch myself that they're default planes. The Working Title team has really brought so much value to this platform, its pretty much immeasurable.  

Nice. Seems like MSFS's avionics for default GA planes is getting more and more advanced.  I have read that the G1000 in MSFS is supposed to be the most advanced G1000 among all civilian flight simulators.

Anyways, after this AAU1, what is the state of MSFS's GA avionics with AAU1?  I remember in 2020 when MSFS was released, the entire flight sim community were mocking MSFS's default GA avionics.  So after AAU1, how does MSFS's default GA avionics compare to the competition?  After AAU1, does MSFS's default GA avionics (aside from the G1000) still lag behind the competition? 

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Nice. Seems like MSFS's avionics for default GA planes is getting more and more advanced.  I have read that the G1000 in MSFS is supposed to be the most advanced G1000 among all civilian flight simulators.

Anyways, after this AAU1, what is the state of MSFS's GA avionics with AAU1?  I remember in 2020 when MSFS was released, the entire flight sim community were mocking MSFS's default GA avionics.  So after AAU1, how does MSFS's default GA avionics compare to the competition?  After AAU1, does MSFS's default GA avionics (aside from the G1000) still lag behind the competition? 

You have to remember the AAU1 is aimed right at the Longitude, TBM and the CJ4. The WT GNS's run pretty good now. The WT G1000nxi that is the default G1000 now poops all over the other sims G1000's. The X-1000 isn't even in the same league...its like comparing the x-1000 to the FSX default g1000.

The longitude update makes the longitude absolutely amazing now. Zero regrets ponying up for the Premium Deluxe package at launch (frankly the only reason I did was I wanted the steam gauge 172 and more especially the longitude...which we all know was garbage at launch and got better with the FDE mod and the G3000 mod...but the AAU1 version is on a completely different level). It's sim competitor for default aircraft would be the XP12 Citation X. The Longitude with the AAU1 is several steps better in all sim aspects currently.

I would say as a whole....default "advanced" GA avionics wise, MSFS is currently superior to the competition. I did a 2 hour flight in the Aerobask DA-50RG on FSE earlier in XP12...every time I do I am reminded how good the G1000nxi is. For steam gauge aircraft without GPS (ie some nav radios and a hsi) all the sims are pretty similar to be fair though. Flying VOR's in the steam gauge 172 in MSFS and the steam gauge 172 in Xplane is very similar.

Edited by CaptainNick
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been trying to avoid the beta (to prevent a future reinstall).  But I VERY much want to take advantage of  improvements to snow not covering the whole airport they made.  Do we have any idea when this will release outside of beta?


5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I've been trying to avoid the beta (to prevent a future reinstall).  But I VERY much want to take advantage of  improvements to snow not covering the whole airport they made.  Do we have any idea when this will release outside of beta?

Mid January.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, micstatic said:

I've been trying to avoid the beta (to prevent a future reinstall).  But I VERY much want to take advantage of  improvements to snow not covering the whole airport they made.  Do we have any idea when this will release outside of beta?

Take the plunge, the water's fine.

  • Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, micstatic said:

I've been trying to avoid the beta (to prevent a future reinstall).  But I VERY much want to take advantage of  improvements to snow not covering the whole airport they made.  Do we have any idea when this will release outside of beta?

I wouldn't hesitate to enter this particular Beta.  I did have to do a reinstall of MSFS when I tried to roll back out of SU11 Beta but to be honest, it was no big deal other than the 3 hours of download time.  I just dragged my Community folder back in and everything was fine with settings, etc.  Nothing like the full day it took to do a P3D reinstall....

  • Like 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Krakin said:

Take the plunge, the water's fine.

thanks guys.  I'm back in the beta

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

 

I would say as a whole....default "advanced" GA avionics wise, MSFS is currently superior to the competition. I did a 2 hour flight in the Aerobask DA-50RG on FSE earlier in XP12...every time I do I am reminded how good the G1000nxi is. For steam gauge aircraft without GPS (ie some nav radios and a hsi) all the sims are pretty similar to be fair though. Flying VOR's in the steam gauge 172 in MSFS and the steam gauge 172 in Xplane is very similar.

I agree - the majority of default avionics in MSFS are totally superior to other sims.

  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, micstatic said:

thanks guys.  I'm back in the beta

Looking forward to your impressions!

  • Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...