Sign in to follow this  
Coops

Flickering Taxi lights and Panel lights with PSXT active

5 hours ago, Coops said:

So the customer is going to be left in the middle with no solution or support.

Actualy, you are not in the middle but in the centre. There are more parties involved: Microsoft, Asobo, AI aircaft developers,  nvidia, ...

(See my previous post here)

Edited by kiek

12 hours ago, mmcmah said:

I too have experienced flickering/screen flashes when using PSXT. It probably has something to do with how traffic is injected, because it goes away when I turn off PSXT as well.

In my testing, I noticed it only happens in DX12 and not in DX11. If you want to continue using DX12 (which I did prefer), try turning off Bloom in the graphics settings. That resolved the issue for me under DX12 and with PSXT active.

This is not the same.  The flickering I see is strictly in the aircraft taxi/landing lights and the cockpit panel lights.   When I turn my view to face a large number of AI aircraft it happens.  Plus I am using DX11.  It is happening to me across 2 different graphics driver versions.  It disappears when I shut down PSXT.   

Forgive me but since I am paying for this product, I respectfully request the developer to do the research. I have spent a bit of time trying to narrow down root cause. 

33 minutes ago, Coops said:

This is not the same.  The flickering I see is strictly in the aircraft taxi/landing lights and the cockpit panel lights.   When I turn my view to face a large number of AI aircraft it happens.  Plus I am using DX11.  It is happening to me across 2 different graphics driver versions.  It disappears when I shut down PSXT.   

Forgive me but since I am paying for this product, I respectfully request the developer to do the research. I have spent a bit of time trying to narrow down root cause. 

PSXT is free.

Flickering occurs for me running DX11. I run DX11 because of the texture issues with DX12. Bloom is off.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 hours ago, Coops said:

Forgive me but since I am paying for this product

I beg your pardon?

Did you pay for PSXT? When? 😉

3 hours ago, Coops said:

PSXT is free and Nico works tirelessly on his program for no compensation unless you donate (your choice). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Coops said:

The flickering I see is strictly in the aircraft taxi/landing lights and the cockpit panel lights

I think you may have to do a lot more testing to be able to categorically say that PSXT is at fault.

I have had flickering of various internal and external lights when there's a demanding scenario in the sim, i.e. lots of objects and complex scenery and complex user aircraft.

I was using the PMDG 737, FSDT KORD, DD Chicago Landmarks, GAIST US Lakes, We Love VFR Region 2, and RT+PSXT at night, all in DX12.

By removing GAIST US Lakes and limiting AI traffic injection in PSXT to just 10nm, I was unable to replicate the flickering.

Now, admittedly, I need to put back the AI shipping and increase the PSXT AI traffic distance (and do both of these separately) to test properly. However, I suspect that this is may be to do with the sim being overloaded by objects.

Do you perhaps use GSX Pro, or have lots of road and/or shipping traffic dislpayed in your sim? Have you added object libraries to your Community folder?

Are you absolutely sure that you have eliminated all other possibilities, such as turn your MSFS settings down a few notches, run RT+PSXT with only one AI package, run both sets of AI aircraft models with one injector program, remove all other add-ons?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

14 hours ago, F737MAX said:

I think you may have to do a lot more testing to be able to categorically say that PSXT is at fault.

I have had flickering of various internal and external lights when there's a demanding scenario in the sim, i.e. lots of objects and complex scenery and complex user aircraft.

I was using the PMDG 737, FSDT KORD, DD Chicago Landmarks, GAIST US Lakes, We Love VFR Region 2, and RT+PSXT at night, all in DX12.

By removing GAIST US Lakes and limiting AI traffic injection in PSXT to just 10nm, I was unable to replicate the flickering.

Now, admittedly, I need to put back the AI shipping and increase the PSXT AI traffic distance (and do both of these separately) to test properly. However, I suspect that this is may be to do with the sim being overloaded by objects.

Do you perhaps use GSX Pro, or have lots of road and/or shipping traffic dislpayed in your sim? Have you added object libraries to your Community folder?

Are you absolutely sure that you have eliminated all other possibilities, such as turn your MSFS settings down a few notches, run RT+PSXT with only one AI package, run both sets of AI aircraft models with one injector program, remove all other add-ons?

I haven't eliminated everything but when I shut down psxt, I can eliminate the flickering 100% of the time.  However, I am willing to entertain that it could be the sheer number of objects that PSXT injects as the other 2 AI programs do not inject nearly as much. I have turned off all other airport vehicles and don't use GSX pro.   I can try to turn down road traffic.  Currently I have the distance set to 40 miles (don't believe this is an issue as it happens only near larger airports).   I may try to turn down static aircraft if possible.

And yes I am a paying customer folks as Real Traffic is a subscription service and that is a dependency for PSXT to work.  I respect what this developer has done, and the time put in, but I have an issue and the developer has a backend knowledge that I do not have.  So reasonable to ask.

Edited by Coops

On 12/30/2022 at 10:13 AM, kiek said:

No there is not, SimConnect (being the server)  is part of MSFS.

Let's see if more people have flicker problems, sofar only 2 (out of  approx. 500).

EDIT: looks a driver issue to me.

Me too having that flickering also, it comes specially in heavy airports and any aircraft, not just the PMDG. It desappears turning off PSXT, but I think is the way ASOBO handles the memory. I don't think is PSXT related.

My best wishes for 2023.

14 hours ago, Coops said:

And yes I am a paying customer

No, you are not my paying customer.

15 hours ago, Coops said:

the developer has a backend knowledge that I do not have.

Indeed, after 7 years of development for 3 different flightsims, and being the only developer, I know all ins and outs of my program.

Based on that I find it most likely that this is not a PSXT issue. Besides, I cannot reproduce the flickering over here  The injection method used is dead simple and I cannot make any changes to it or try other means (i am limited by the Simconnect API).

You have to do more test work your self to see what causes this

If you think it is the shear number of objects PSXT is injecting, you have all the means to limit that your self. However, PSXT runs fine at Heathrow with 120 live and 150 static aircraft so I don't think that is the issue.

Do your research, i cannot.

Edited by kiek

The worst part for me is that I can't reliably reproduce the flicker - it happens on some flights and not others, mostly it doesn't happen.

2 days in a row I flew the same flight from KTOL to KDTW in very similar live weather with exactly the same addons and ancillary flightsim related programs running - day 1 flight flickering started towards the end of the flight and never stopped till I ended the session. On day 2 no flickering at any time.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

I was experiencing the same flickering in both the PMDG 737-700 and 800 as well as the Fenix.   I have now done two flights with "Nav Lights while parked" unchecked and do not have the flickering.   Just my testing results so far.

Edited by coneal8199

13 hours ago, coneal8199 said:

I was experiencing the same flickering in both the PMDG 737-700 and 800 as well as the Fenix.   I have now done two flights with "Nav Lights while parked" unchecked and do not have the flickering.   Just my testing results so far.

Interesting...I wonder if checking/unchecking "Nav Lights while parked" affects traffic immediately, or only after restart of PSXT? If a change is immediate one could uncheck Nav Lights to see if it eliminates flicker.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

On 1/4/2023 at 7:44 AM, somiller said:

Interesting...I wonder if checking/unchecking "Nav Lights while parked" affects traffic immediately, or only after restart of PSXT? If a change is immediate one could uncheck Nav Lights to see if it eliminates flicker.

I tried this within the sim initially and saw no change.  Not to the flickering or the nav lights.  I will try it before I start the sim and see

Edited by Coops

I'm seeing the same flicking in the Fenix and PMDG cockpits when I have PSXT activated. The flickering lights stops when I close the PSXT window and starts each time I open it and after its injected its AI.

I'd suggest this has something to do with the number of light objects that are being injected and when PSXT loads AI aircraft, the number of AI with light objects (guessing each AI aircraft has at least 2 (nav lights) max's out and this turns off the interior lights. Maybe there is a limit on the number of lighting objects that are available in the sim as there was in P3D. We know that there is a max limit of simobjects that can be injected at any one time based on obserations of people running AI and GSX at full airports who see objects disappear.

So I don't think its a PSXT issue persay, I just think that with PSXT on (and probably with NAV LIGHTS STATIC PARKED) we hit the lighting max sooner.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs