Sign in to follow this  
Cloudpiercing

Hype Groups H145 weird behaviour

I´ve bought the Hype Perfomance H145 and I’m probably missing something here, because when I perform a turn, the helicopter straightens itself up as if there´s a automatic trim or something similar activated. Any suggestion of how I turn this behavior off? I also find the helicopter way easier to fly then the default Bell. It that really a realistic FM for the H145? All assistance in the assistance options in MFSF 2020 is turned off. Is there a setting in the helicopter that I´ve missed?

Kindly regards

Morgan

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

Not into helis but check and see what flight model it supports (Legacy or Modern). I believe this addon was released before there was support for helicopters in the sim. Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

The baby Bell helicopters are notoriously twitchy and the default 407 flight model is extremely questionable at the moment. The Airbus H145 uses its AFCS and SAS systems to “help” the pilot control the aircraft. You have to remember the 407 is ancient technology now where the scarebus is a much more modern and advanced helicopter, chock full of computers and automation. It’s worth a look into the user manual to understand the different AFCS/AP/SAS functions, as well as making sure the flight model on the in game tablet is set to how you want to control the whirlybird. It’s an amazing addon, with tons of cool features and capabilities. I’ve been flying it since the initial beta offering.

• Like 2

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Just to help you find it, it is described in more detail in the user guide (H145 User Guide.pdf), page 48, Auto-flight control system (AFCS)

• Like 1

As I remember you have to assign button which (when you depress and hold) turns off automation. Then everything becomes like regular helicopter 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Thanks guys for all the help. I´ll start up the simulator this evening and check my settings and see if I find the right way to turn of the automaiton 👍

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

On 12/30/2022 at 11:12 AM, Cloudpiercing said:

Thanks guys for all the help. I´ll start up the simulator this evening and check my settings and see if I find the right way to turn of the automaiton 👍

I'm not sure if you found your answer, but for future questions...it is best to contact the Devs directly on their discord channel. You will need to show proof of purchase first (I forget the steps), but once you are in...you get help from both the Devs and members.

https://discord.com/channels/426503612819046401/847608405609938994

15 hours ago, OverTheEDJ said:

it is best to contact the Devs directly on their discord channel.

Please no. I'm investigating this helicopter to decide whether to buy it. User to user support/experiences is also valuable and Discord is, well... Discord. 🙂

• Like 1