Sign in to follow this  
Guest johncattell

FSX Run time errors.

Guest johncattell

On my PC I have the following Microsoft Applications:1. Microsoft.NET Framework 2.02. Microsoft Visual C++2005 RedistributableI believe that I have downloaded them for some reason which I do not remember, but I have recently had a number of 'runtime errors' when running FSX which have caused the simulator to crash.I do not know if I need them to run windows or if they are just for developers. If I delete them will my system come crashing down on me ?Any help will be greatfully received.

Guest johncattell

The error occured again this evening. The full reported error was:Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime LibraryRuntime errorProgram:F:Flight Simulator Xfsx.exeR 6025- pure virtual functional callI think that the Microsoft Visual C++ was the program that had to be installed at the time of SP1 (vcredist_86.exe)If anyone can help I would be most obliged.

Hello,I had the same problem and I found that , in my case, it was related to AI Traffic.In my case with a lot (a BIG lot) of AI traffic I have this error, when I reduce the AI Traffic amount = no error ...This is my experience on my config.Hope it helps.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest johncattell

Hi Emile,Thank you for the mail. I also have a lot of AI traffic including lots of USAF, USNavy and British military traffic. I will remove some and see if it makes any difference.Many thanksJohn

Guest johncattell

Hi Emile,Last night I removed 7 military flight plans from Scenery/World/Scenery and then had a trouble free flight from Washington to La Guadia in New York. I also flew a route from Langley AFB to Andrews AFB in Washington, which was the flight which had previously given me the 'runtime error' and this was also OK. It looks as if you were correct about the amount of AI traffic giving the problem, now I need to find out how much of the AI traffic I can put back without causing the 'runtime error.Many thanks for your help.Best regardsJohn Cattell