Sign in to follow this  
michallesniak

MSFS Steam version doesn't create an important folder

Windows security exclusions:

Exclusions

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

11 hours ago, Micko said:

I'm on the store version, so I don't know if the wgs folder on the Steam version. But if, just try to run the sim without internet connection, do your settings and all, a quick flight and restart the sim. It can't synchronize with the cloud then. If it doesn't save your settings, the problem must be your system. If it did save, reconnect internet and this time the sim should ask how to synchronize, cloud or PC. Just give it a go...

I tried to play msfs both without the internet and in the safe mode, but each time in the steam I only have "purchase" button for msfs' steam instead of "play"... it completely prevents me from playing msfs without the internet connection. 

Ok, I managed to create manually folder 1250410\remote and maybe something will change because few files appeared in "remote" folder: datausage, localprofile and profile_00.

I started msfs and it started to download (again) an update of about 17gb ( did it already few times in my attempts to make it work)

I am crossing my fingers and toes that it will take this time. Will inform you guys

Edited by michallesniak
forgot to give folders name

14 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Have you tried to manually create this folder in the location and given the folder appropriate read/write rights?
BTW, the 1250410 folder lives in the location: Steam\userdata\[user ID #]\

That did the trick, thank you

I managed to make it work by manually creating 1250410\remote folders. It wasn't a straight forward process but all seems to be working well

Thank you all for your contribution 
Happy New Year and see you in the virtual sky :smile:

• Like 4

Did you do a simple quick search for all folders named 1250410  ?

I have the Steam edition. MSFS installed a folder named 125410 in these 5 locations (which should help you find where all of your folders were stored by MSFS on your computer. By the way it took me 10 seconds to find these folder locations using Ultra File Search):

Ag3rCc9.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 12/31/2022 at 2:50 AM, abrams_tank said:

If you can save the settings on your hard drive and it loads properly, I would just use that for now instead of the cloud.

I personally don't use the clouds to save my MSFS settings.

I didn't know there was another method but what I do know, is with my initial install in 2020, and with two complete reinstalls including one after a complete wipe and new install of Win 10 I've never had any settings not load property except one that had to do w/ an update which change some Assistance settings is all.  Thankfully ALL of my 4 controllers stayed set correctly.  I couldn't hurt to save a back up of controller settings in case what has proven flawless so far fails some day.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 12/31/2022 at 10:50 AM, abrams_tank said:

I personally don't use the clouds to save my MSFS settings.

Sure about that? Where did you de-select that functionality. My understanding is that everything gets saved somewhere on the MS servers, linked to your profile. This is why a completely clean MSFS install on a new machine will have all of your settings ready for you after you have logged in.

There's no doubt either that settings are saved locally as well, but whether one or the other is the "original" is a different matter 😉

Edited by SierraDelta

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

19 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Sure about that? Where did you de-select that functionality. My understanding is that everything gets saved somewhere on the MS servers, linked to your profile. This is why a completely clean MSFS install on a new machine will have all of your settings ready for you after you have logged in.

There's no doubt either that settings are saved locally as well, but whether one or the other is the "original" is a different matter 😉

Within the Steam client settings, there is a setting to enable or disable Steam Cloud synchronization for applications which support it. MSFS supports it.

Disable Steam Cloud sync, and if your computer crashes and burns, you will have to set up all your controllers and other cloud saved settings on your new computer.

It should be noted that graphics settings (UserCfg.opt) is NOT saved to the cloud.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

1 hour ago, JimBrown said:

Within the Steam client settings, there is a setting to enable or disable Steam Cloud synchronization for applications which support it. MSFS supports it.

Disable Steam Cloud sync, and if your computer crashes and burns, you will have to set up all your controllers and other cloud saved settings on your new computer.

It should be noted that graphics settings (UserCfg.opt) is NOT saved to the cloud.

...jim

Thanks Jim, that explains it - I'm on the MS Store version 🙂

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models