Sign in to follow this  
TacomaSailor

GAIST Ships and Traffic V3

I am a long time user of Gaist ship traffic and really do appreciate all the hard work.  I have been using the V2 Beta since it came out and have had no problems with it.  I would like to ask this question directly of the author on Flightsim.to but comments and questions are disabled.  

I have installed the Gaist Ultra folder and the NorthAmerica routes folder in my Community folder after removing all prior versions of the Gaist ship traffic addons.  Now, with V3 I see NO ships of any kind, no matter how I set the traffic sliders (starting at 5 and going to 100).  
I have tested in San Diego where I used to see a lot of traffic and just now in Long Beach California, the busiest container harbor in North America.  

NO ship traffic!

I deleted every entry in the Community Folder, other than the two Gaist folders just be sure there are no conflicts.  Still no ship traffic.

What have I done wrong here?

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

Make sure you have the gaist-ultra-v3 folder and the other route folders installed in the Community folder. If you just unzipped, it may have created an extra folder GAIST ULTRA VERSION 3 

• Upvote 1

DOBEE51 - you are right on!   

I put the GAIST ULTRA VERSION 3 in Community - did as you suggested, and I had read in the instructions, and now works perfectly.

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

Bless you dobee, I'd run out of ideas. Tacoma, I did the same as you, RTFM and still nothing. dobee for President.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

The air has gone out of my enthusiasm for these ships. After a couple of successful loads I've got the dreaded 'Hang on Fly' syndrome. I've spent countless hours trying to figure this out and I admit to utter defeat. It's a bloody shame as those ships were/are beautiful.. Good effort

Uninstalled...Again

Thanks again to dobee, good effort.

6 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

The air has gone out of my enthusiasm for these ships. After a couple of successful loads I've got the dreaded 'Hang on Fly' syndrome. I've spent countless hours trying to figure this out and I admit to utter defeat. It's a bloody shame as those ships were/are beautiful.. Good effort

Uninstalled...Again

Thanks again to dobee, good effort.

I think this is down to the last sim update that introduced either a maximum number of objects or BGL files Ron.  You may have to try it using one or two of the areas and the main folder and see how many the sim allows you to run (I'm guessing you may have a lot in your community folder).

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, cianpars said:

I think this is down to the last sim update that introduced either a maximum number of objects or BGL files Ron.  You may have to try it using one or two of the areas and the main folder and see how many the sim allows you to run (I'm guessing you may have a lot in your community folder).

Been there, done that. As far as a lot in my community folder, not half as much as some of my online compatriots. In fact, I'm one of those compulsive 'don't need it. throw it out' people. 

But thanks for showing compassion but I'm done with it. Life is definitely too short. 😁

I've installed the program (GAIST ULTRA VERSION 3_4Dzev) exactly as described in the manual. In Community and after removing all prior versions of GAIST.

I have the folder GAIST ULTRA VERSION 3 and inside this folder I downloaded 5 maps with routes and I see also one map with gaist-ultra-v3.

In MSFS I bring the Ships and Ferries back to 5%.

Now, I see no ships of any kind what ever I do. Install again and so on. No ship traffic.

What can I do.

Thanks in advance

Henk Scheffer

Hi did your community folder look something like this

zkpLogp.jpg

you need to put the subfolders in community folder not the main GAIST ULTRA VERSION 3 folder.

Ciao Michael

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC, 64GB Corsair DDR4 3600, MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi, LG C3 OLED 42" 4K Display, ViewSonic 16" Touchscreen.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pendular Rudder, Stream Deck XL, Tobii Eyetracker, TrackIR 5.

Windows 11 Pro 24H2 Insider Build

Hey Michael,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. And yes, that was the problem. I put them all in a sub folder and not direct in the community folder.

Thanks again. A great help.

😀😀

Henk Scheffer

• Like 1

Hello,
i have a problem with GAIST ULTRA V3:
I noticed that i have never ships in the area while landing at a airport next to the sea, so i did a testflight along the westshore of norwegian.
I start a flight and some ships are shown (in MSFS and LNM). So i fly along the coast clinbing to FL24. After a while some new ships are injected before me (at FL 12) and the old one disappears. But these was the last ones for this flight. After i reach FL24 i decend back to 4000ft - hoping they would appear again at a ceratin FL. But nothing... no more ships/boats.

Any help?
Thanks
Lukas

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by bk117

Are you changing the time of day, or sim rate. That is the only thing I have seen that will cause ships to disappear. Ships are usually pretty good about staying on schedule...

13 hours ago, dobee51 said:

Are you changing the time of day, or sim rate. That is the only thing I have seen that will cause ships to disappear. Ships are usually pretty good about staying on schedule...

No, maybe not at the actual time, but no time or simrate change while flight.

Edited by bk117

Just updated and am using MSFS Addon Linker.  I put all the GAIST folders in a folder called "Shipping" within an outside library location and pointed Addon Linker to it.  Now I can quickly click on the folders for the region or regions I plan to fly and don't have the freezing issues anymore now.

I can make the ships disappear (then the reappear) after a time change.  Makes sense because the ships operate on real world schedules so would have to change.

I'll have to go back and check but I know that using Active Pause causes Little Nav Map to lose the connection to your aircraft and only a restart of the sim brings that back.  Maybe this is a cause of the ships disappearing?

Edited by Dragn

Robert Abernathy