Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

What is FSX Expansion Pack:Acceleration???

I saw the official trailer on the FSinsider.com web page. What is this?I still mainly fly FS9, but have FSX.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

It's just that...an expansion pack that adds some new features to FSX..coming Late 2007, Christmas time or something.... not sureThere's supposed to be the P51, the F18, and a new helicopter...There appears to be some pylon racing and carrier operations for the F18. The helo can now pick up payload etc....We don't know much about it at this time...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest jshyluk

There's also supposed to be some multiplayer improvements/options, and a number of new Missions to keep us busy. The DX10 patch for FSX is supposed to be a separate release from The Acceleration Pack, which means that you should not have to buy the Pack to get the DX10 content for FSX, if that's what you want. Still, if the release works out properly, there's the possibility that the DX10 patch would be included in Adrenaline.We don't know how large the add-on will be yet, nor how much it will cost. Microsoft is keeping all of this quite secret. The only thing I can say for sure is that ACES has abandoned the name "Adrenaline Pack" for the new product. Other than this, I know as much about the product as you guys. No doubt AVSIM will be a good source for further info, when it is made available.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Guest Hawk78

...so this new 'acceleration' expansion pack is what used to be called 'FSX Adrenaline'? I'm a bit confused...

Guest tmilton

I think just the additional missions alone would be a great incentive for me to get this. I'm a simmer at the core, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the missions in FSX. It was a great decision on the part of ACES to include them, and I'm looking forward to the new challenges. The new aircraft will be a welcome addition as well in this new pack. :)

Yes, it's the same thing. Just a name change. - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.