Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeW

BGL to XML Converter?

Is there any BGL to XML converter that will convert FSX BGL's to XML that does not require NetFramework 2.0? Thanks, regards, Bob.

Got one here to use with the free FSX planner...works greatwww.scruffyduckscenery.co.ukIts called Bgl2Xml GUI, near the top of page is the download linkBill

Guest tmilton

Edit: Nevermind, I believe Bray answered that before me. :-)

Hi. Thanks but that one needs NFW2.0. That's why I asked the question. I cannot load NFW2.0. I am looking for one that does not need NFW2.0. Best regards, Bob.

Guest CocoLoco

Bob I think there is a version of this in the Avsim Library that runs from the command line in a DOS prompt (I think the GUI based version is quite recent). I would hope that the non GUI version will not need NFW2 since it doesn't use the GUI components that often creates these dependencies. I haven't tested this theory but it could be worth a shot.To find it, just search in the Avsim Library for BGL2XML and browse through the different versions that come up.RegardsDavid

Yes get the command-line version, which is BGL2XML.I think you can find it on Jon Masterson's web site (scruffyduck) if not at the popular FS sites.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest JoeW

Once you get this little program and get it installed, all you need to do is copy the bgl and go to the folder where BGLxml resides and past the bgl into the exe and then go back to where the bgl is and the xml will be there.Very simpleJoe W.