Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

Boeing 767 fans rejoice!

Happy New Year everyone!

Good news for you 767 fans:
https://fselite.net/content/bluebird-simulations-teases-boeing-767-for-msfs/

Personally, I'm a bit fed up with relentless teasers and previews of aircraft that are a long way from release.
That said, it is good news that a once very common airliner in the real world will be making its arrival 🤞 in MSFS at some point.

• Like 12

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Well. The 767 was naturally a project to port over. The question is will it be a project that will be released or will they build upon it. I personally would love an upgraded ND/EFIS 757/767 to match what most operators are doing in the cockpit with the 767-400/777 style instruments. Or the FEDEX version of the aircraft displays. 

Until now QW was the only one that did something like that for the 757. No one has done it for the 767. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I've known for a while that Bluebird was making a 757 via the JustFlight website.  Has Bluebird made anything previously, or is this a new developer?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

38 minutes ago, Mace said:

I've known for a while that Bluebird was making a 757 via the JustFlight website.  Has Bluebird made anything previously, or is this a new developer?

According to their Website the 757 will be their first project. Projects - BlueBird Sim Home . I don't think they are aiming for PMDG/Fenix level but somewhere around the BAE 146 level from Just Flight.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

I think we need to tame our expectations though. Bluebird has yet to prove to the community they can deliver a quality product. Let’s see how the 757 turns out first before we begin celebrating a 767.

• Upvote 4

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

I'll cautiously call this good news but it's been announced before we even have a release date for the 757 so I'll remain cautious.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I wish Level-D would re-enter the 767 market and consider MSFS. Their B767-300 was a game changer for realism in FS2004, then FSX, Unfortunately, the P3dv3 version became a bit 'dated'. Nevertheless, they introduced a new high bench mark for systems and visual accuracy. Gotta agree with 737MAX, I too, am tiring of endless teasers from Developers, F28, Avro RJ  and A330 aircraft in development come to mind.

Edited by JustanotherPilot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

steve southey

I hope we get a 200 and 400 as well.  I have been spoiled by the old FS2004/FSX days when it was common to get all variants of many models. 

• Like 1

So right now there are 747-100, 757 and 767 in the pipe. Awesome 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Personally, I'm a bit fed up with relentless teasers and previews of aircraft that are a long way from release.

This. However I can also tell you WHY this is happening: Since the potential sales on MSFS - especially for aircraft - are huge, everybody and their dogs is trying to disincentivize other devs from making the same aircraft by announcing them as early as possible. It's exactly what is happening in this case - the 757 is FAR from release and yet they announce their next aircraft. They are just trying to gain time and deterr potential competitors, just business mind games and absolutely no indicator of what we could actually expect to be released.
Also this is a dev that has proven nothing yet and already tempered expectations by saying "it's not supposed to be study level, but rather accessible for everyone" (which is usually a great indicator for something being really shallow, like the DC Design's Concord for example), so I don't even know why this is deemed worthy of a notice. I think I might announce to FSElite the A350 for MSFS with a dark silhouette picture, maybe I'll get an article, too?!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I think I might announce to FSElite the A350 for MSFS with a dark silhouette picture, maybe I'll get an article, too?!

You could probably get an interview series with included home story if you wanted to 😄

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

I care too much about which airframes are still in active passenger service when it comes to my airliner flying to be interested in 757's or 767's. 

I'd rather have developers focus on aircraft currently widely used in pax operations that still have not been done for the sim. Like the missing narrowbody busses in particular the A319 and A220, the Embraer 190, the A350 and the Dreamliners.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I care too much about which airframes are still in active passenger service when it comes to my airliner flying to be interested in 757's or 767's. 

I'd rather have developers focus on aircraft currently widely used in pax operations that still have not been done for the sim. Like the missing narrowbody busses in particular the A319 and A220, the Embraer 190, the A350 and the Dreamliners.

I share your preference, but thing is most current airliners are "current" because they are relatively new, which in many cases (A220, A350, 787, E2-Jets) means there's no reliable performance and systems data available. That's why most study level devs stay away from them and focus on the older aircraft. Guess that's what it is.

8 hours ago, F737MAX said:

I understand your comment, but it is always best to know what is in development and how it is coming along at least.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

13 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I understand your comment, but it is always best to know what is in development and how it is coming along at least.

Oh, I realise that mine may be a minority view. Just a little tired of continuous previews we seem to be getting at the moment and of developers basically 'slot sitting' on products that won't be available for ages.

I hope Bluebird's "accessible to everyone" airliners are sufficiently detailed for the more discerning simmer.

Apologies for being a Grinch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter