Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

Boeing 767 fans rejoice!

1 minute ago, F737MAX said:

Apologies for being a Grinch.

:biggrin:  You are not a Grinch - it is just another opinion - all the best for 2023!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

32 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Oh, I realise that mine may be a minority view. Just a little tired of continuous previews we seem to be getting at the moment and of developers basically 'slot sitting' on products that won't be available for ages.

I share your view. It's annoying to get excited about a new aircraft type since there really are only few available and then remember you're probably going to have to wait for it for ages, maybe years. Like, I've been waiting for a PMDG MAX since 2018 or so. QW also seem to be hiding since announcing the 787 for MSFS.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

I care too much about which airframes are still in active passenger service when it comes to my airliner flying to be interested in 757's or 767's. 

I'd rather have developers focus on aircraft currently widely used in pax operations that still have not been done for the sim. Like the missing narrowbody busses in particular the A319 and A220, the Embraer 190, the A350 and the Dreamliners.

Totally disagree. Flying an a319 is virtually the same as flying an a320. Yeah I’d rather have it than not. But the 757 is a classic plane. Still has many years left with delta.  One of the biggest airlines in the world. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, Nixoq said:

I share your view. It's annoying to get excited about a new aircraft type since there really are only few available and then remember you're probably going to have to wait for it for ages, maybe years.

Not wishing to depress anyone but those of us waiting for a 64-bit version of Concorde from FSL for P3D have been waiting for over 5 years. There were some extenuating circumstances but it's still a dreadfully long time. Hopefully your wait won't be anything like as long.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I care too much about which airframes are still in active passenger service when it comes to my airliner flying to be interested in 757's or 767's. 

I'd rather have developers focus on aircraft currently widely used in pax operations that still have not been done for the sim. Like the missing narrowbody busses in particular the A319 and A220, the Embraer 190, the A350 and the Dreamliners.

I do get what you're saying but I would also like to see both older and new. I have some fond memories of real life flights on the 757 and 767 that I would love to recreate in MSFS. While they may not be as many PAX operations of this type today there is still quite a lot in the air for cargo operations. 

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

One of the biggest airlines in the world. 

But totally unimportant in the airspace where I do my simming. 😉

3 hours ago, Zangoose said:

While they may not be as many PAX operations of this type today there is still quite a lot in the air for cargo operations. 

I hope they phase out the 767 soon in real world cargo operation. I live under a SID of an airport that has nighttime cargo operations. And the ungodly low frequency of the 767 engines will wake you up from the deepest sleep. All other aircraft are fine in that regard, but those really are a nuisance. 😉

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

The 757/767 are the loves of my aviation life. It’s truly a testament to their success that they are just continued to be used and their versatility never ceases to amaze me. 

Even today we ask our selves what the replacement worthy of its name will be as we look at the A320XLR and MAX10 we just say to each other, it’s not a suitable 757 replacement  

So again, I’m excited for a developer to finally pick it up, I’m just hoping it lives up to the real planes legacy and that Bluebird is respectful of that name  

• Like 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

10 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

I wish Level-D would re-enter the 767 market and consider MSFS.

This is never going to happen. Eric was Level-D and since he passed, Level-D is just an old title from the past. I miss the old 767PIC and Level-D days.

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

15 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I hope they phase out the 767 soon in real world cargo operation. I live under a SID of an airport that has nighttime cargo operations. And the ungodly low frequency of the 767 engines will wake you up from the deepest sleep. All other aircraft are fine in that regard, but those really a nuisance. 😉

The 767 Freighter is still going strong and a favorite amongst cargo carriers. The demand for them is high and UPS has another 19 on order for 2023-2025. I guess your hopes of a peaceful sleep will be put on hold for awhile.  

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

27 minutes ago, Farlis said:

But totally unimportant in the airspace where I do my simming. 😉

I hope they phase out the 767 soon in real world cargo operation. I live under a SID of an airport that has nighttime cargo operations. And the ungodly low frequency of the 767 engines will wake you up from the deepest sleep. All other aircraft are fine in that regard, but those really a nuisance. 😉

gosh.  An aviation enthusiast bothered by the majestic sounds of an airplane!!??

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

32 minutes ago, micstatic said:

An aviation enthusiast bothered by the majestic sounds of an airplane!!??

At 3 a.m. in the morning I prefer more modern jet engines. 😉

Edited by Farlis

6 minutes ago, Farlis said:

At 3 a.m in the morning I prefer more modern jet engines. 😉

A fair point 

11 hours ago, bendead said:

So right now there are 747-100, 757 and 767 in the pipe. Awesome 

Whoa wait—747-100? Do you have a link? Didn’t know about this!

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

And the ungodly low frequency of the 767 engines will wake you up from the deepest sleep. All other aircraft are fine in that regard, but those really are a nuisance.

No similar vintage A300-600F, B757-200F or MD-11F in your neck of the woods that also cause you consternation?

JT9D, PW4000, CF6, and RB211 aren't Trent XWB, GEnx or PW1000G, so any aircraft fitted with those older engines are going to make some racket.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter