Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

Boeing 767 fans rejoice!

Just posted on the Blue Bird Simulations Facebook Page

Hi all. Once again, Happy New Year! First of all, I want to thank everyone in the community for their overwhelming support. It truly means a lot. 😊 Now that we’re all in 2023 officially, I want to address a few things on the 757 and also our latest announcement which is yes a 767 ( no surprise right?). I just couldn’t help making it a “mystery” for one day. I figured it was easy enough to guess.

First regarding my company. Even though BlueBird Simulations is new company, the people behind the company including myself have over 50 years of combined development experience in flight sim. We are not newcomers to flight simming. Some of the aircraft were hugely popular addons (for various reasons I am not at liberty to mention which ones). I understand there will always be some skepticism until we deliver our first project. We are spending a lot of time and as a team are in this for the long haul. We are not here to make false promises or hype. We are here to develop aircraft that we are deeply passionate about. For me personally, I am not phased if 10 other devs are making a 757 or 767. We will make ours too. I also don’t think any other dev would be inclined to cancel their project if we are making a 757 or 767. If anything, my announcing the 767 might prompt another dev to push their 767 out sooner. Who knows. In the end that would only serve the community well to have choices. A lot of people have asked me over the last several months if we are doing a 767 and part of my decision to announce it was influenced by that. 😊 Again I really appreciate all of the positive feedback and excitement. We will not disappoint you.

Regarding 757. We are on course as intended to get this bird to you guys in Q3/Q4 in this year. This entire project was started from scratch. We didn’t have an old model or code to build upon so naturally it is going to take a while to get it to the level that we want. That brings up the next topic. A lot of people think that if a plane is not “study level” then it is not worth flying. I personally do not like the term “study level“ as it has an ambiguous meaning for everyone. Even my own term “mid-level” might be confusing. For us, the priority is to make the 757 operate realistically under normal flight operations. We have not one but several 757 pilots and also engineers/crew that are helping with feedback and information to make sure the plane flies/operates as realistically as possible under normal conditions. This includes but not limited to flight dynamics, engine behavior , FMS etc. Even after the 757 is released, we will continue to support and build upon the 757 and release free updates/enhancements as necessary.

In closing, we are working hard every day to bring the 757 to the community and I am confident it will satisfy the majority of simmers whether they are casual beginners or actual 757 pilots who like to play flight sim in their spare time. Looking forward to 2023 and beyond.

Cheers,
Shervin
Edited by Wise87
  • Like 4

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I feel so vindicated by this, having been dragged relentlessly in an FSElite comments page by someone saying Fenix should make the 757. Or Bluebird should just dump the 757 and make the A340.

Now there's a contingent in those comments saying we should never see another aircraft preview again.

I can genuinely say I'm totally confused by this community now and there needs to be a lot of priority setting among some.

1 hour ago, mspencer said:

I feel so vindicated by this, having been dragged relentlessly in an FSElite comments page by someone saying Fenix should make the 757. Or Bluebird should just dump the 757 and make the A340.

Now there's a contingent in those comments saying we should never see another aircraft preview again.

I can genuinely say I'm totally confused by this community now and there needs to be a lot of priority setting among some.

They are doing "previews" of another aircraft while their current aircraft is still at least a full year away from release. That would be like Fenix doing previews for the A321. What good does that to the community, to the market? I find it unprofessional to a high degree.
I think everyone should take an example from the Fenix devs in regards to communication. I mean even PMDG and RSR himself isn't showing previews of their 777 yet, even though it's YEARS closer than that 767.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, F737MAX said:

No similar vintage A300-600F, B757-200F or MD-11F in your neck of the woods that also cause you consternation?

The MD-11F's seem to be more flying in daytime here, and the A300-600F seems to be rarely used. The biggest offender is Star Air and their 767 fleet followed by UPS. I just looked up this nights schedule. There are going to be eleven 767 cargo flights. All between 00:45 and 04:30. Only 2 A300-600F are scheduled tonight, the first one going at 04:30, the second at 05:00

It's quite astonishing that these are such big offenders were I live. I looked at the SID charts and none of them lead over my neighbourhood directly. The nearest crosses the city where I live 4.5km's away from my house and according to the charts Aircraft should be well above 4000ft, climbing fast with a max speed of 220 knots. So it's says quite a lot that the frequencies of those engines still carry so far.

Edited by Farlis

2023 started off with a blast. A 767 FINALLY for MSFS. Wow.

Now, please do this goddess of the skies some justice!

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

They are doing "previews" of another aircraft while their current aircraft is still at least a full year away from release. That would be like Fenix doing previews for the A321. What good does that to the community, to the market? I find it unprofessional to a high degree.
I think everyone should take an example from the Fenix devs in regards to communication. I mean even PMDG and RSR himself isn't showing previews of their 777 yet, even though it's YEARS closer than that 767.

Hardly a preview. It was a silhouette.. 

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Q3Q4 is much longer than expected but probably still years ahead of pmdg. So I am gonna keep an eye on this and the reviews once it’s out - the 757. 767 is not my thing

Lukas Dalton

I think people seriously misjudge the popularity of the 757. A large number of today's simmers grew up in the golden age of the 757 - 80s/90s/00s. In Europe particularly, 757s were workhorses for the leisure / charter airlines - Thomson, Jet2, Thomas Cook, Condor, Astraeus, Air 2000, Monarch, LTU, etc - and they were pretty much everywhere, from Scandinavia to the Canaries. A 757 can take you just as easily to Palma as it can to the Caribbean, and that beastly performance makes it capable of operating into some very interesting places. I think there will be no shortage of simmers flying the 757 in and out of places like Skiathos, Santorini, Mykonos, Chambéry, Innsbruck, etc...😎

• Like 5

LPMA

I’ll be flying the wings off the blue bird 757 all over the Atlantic when it gets released. Dominican Republic , SXM, Antilles, South America, Central America (Tegucigalpa primarily), all over the UK, Lisbon from EWR. Glasgow, all of the of the Reykjavik to NAM routes.  

The list just keeps going and going. Bluebird needs to make me a beta tester because I’ll fly the wings off that thing and find the bugs. 

• Like 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

On 1/1/2023 at 2:53 PM, Fiorentoni said:

even PMDG and RSR himself isn't showing previews of their 777 yet

Lol, he didn’t show the EFB yet let alone the T7.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

7 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Lol, he didn’t show the EFB yet let alone the T7.

Yeah that's what I said...?