Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Trouble with FSX aircraft sounds in forward view - Please Help!!

Hello Gang!After SP1, some of my FSX aircraft started to give me trouble with sounds. The problem manifests in the following manner:1. If I am in the forward looking mode - aircraft sounds cannot be heard even though all other ambiental sounds, including flaps, gear, rolling wheeels, etc. can be heard.2. The minute I change my view to left, right, or any other view, sounds are heard perfectly fine.3. From the outside views all sounds are heard OK.This happens with the FSX original sounds or any other addon sound - it does not matter.I ran the installation repair to see if the CD's would fix the issue to no avail.ANy ideas??Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

>Hello Gang!>>After SP1, some of my FSX aircraft started to give me trouble>with sounds. The problem manifests in the following manner:>>1. If I am in the forward looking mode - aircraft sounds>cannot be heard even though all other ambiental sounds,>including flaps, gear, rolling wheeels, etc. can be heard.>2. The minute I change my view to left, right, or any other>view, sounds are heard perfectly fine.>3. From the outside views all sounds are heard OK.>>This happens with the FSX original sounds or any other addon>sound - it does not matter.>>I ran the installation repair to see if the CD's would fix the>issue to no avail.>>ANy ideas??>>Thanks!>>Sincerely,>>Dennis D. MullertAll I can offer is to check your sound settings in FSX and then click on 'configure' and make sure you sound devices settings are correct.

Hi Dennis,I have the same problem and here is how I solve it, but I have no idea why this happens:Go to your "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties" screen. Under speaker settings, click on "advanced".In the speaker setup box, mine always defaults to "7.1 wide configuration speakers".Change it to "Desktop stereo speakers"Go back into FSX and you should be okay.I have to do this every time I start up my computer. I hope someone can suggest a permanent fix.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Hi,I had a problem similar to this when the sounds defaulted to stereo all the time even though I changed the sound setup in Windows to 5.1 (which I have). I found that the answer was in my sound card setup software which I didn't even know existed. After I changed the sound setup to 5.1 in my sound card software the windows sound setup doesn't change from 5.1 speakers. I have a Creative Audigy sound card. I would guess that your sound system drivers/software is over writing the windows settings every time you power up and Windows is reloaded.I hopes this helps you track down your problem.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Thanks John, that really makes sense. I do not have a sound card yet. I am using the sound on the mother board. I wish I could find those settings.Oh well. always something ;-)Thanks again,"

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

How frustrating for you. You could do yourself a favour and acquire a separate sound card and disable the on board sound chip in your BIOS (that would also improve FSX performance). Most on board sound chips come with driver software so you might try and find the folder for it and check if there are any setup programs in there or any .ini/.cfg files that may hold the key.Good luck with your hunting.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Hello Howard!I guess that was it. After going into Sounds and selecting the Desktop-Stereo speaker set up life was good again. Gawd know what may have triggered that change.Thanks for your advice - it was very helpful!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.