Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

Happy New Year 12.01b1 is out!

yeh turbulence much better but still quite a bit when in cloud, i seem to be getting a lot of lightning in this version, hopefully a fix will be soon

Yes, in-cloud turbulence, irrespective of cloud type, still way overdone...

Shear effects too 😕

It's a total mess, and now I can also confirm that weather is inconsistent with METAR, in the various places I tried around Europe. Before I didn't notice that much how far from actual data the weather at airfields can be from RL using Real World Weather.

Aloft not that bad, but I have to try further...

OTOH the sim runs smoother. I did experience stutters when looking around, and it is now very smooth.

Regarding that silly turbulence, just loook at this video from Totoritko trying to fly his Masterpiece CL 650 (check the PFD !!!)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1696442376?t=07h15m15s

Edited by cagarini

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

On 1/2/2023 at 10:15 PM, Murmur said:

I noticed something weird on the C172 though. It constantly rolls left, and requires a constant right yoke input. Reminds me of the old infamous "torque bug", but it doesn't seem to be related to prop or engine, because it's there even with both the engine and prop stopped.

Apparently it can't be corrected with rudder or aileron trim. Indeed, if using trims the aircraft will fly heavily uncoordinated, but still rolls left.

Well, I reverted back to 12.00 and then again to 12.01 beta 1 to do a comparison test, but the flight model issue seems gone now. Excellent!

Anyway, 12.01 beta 1 is looking real good for me.

• Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Is the beta version available to the public?

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

34 minutes ago, mrcultureshock said:

Is the beta version available to the public?

Yes it is;

If you have Xpane 12, go to the X plane 12 folder and look for the X plane 12 installer. Run it and select X plane update. On the updater page make sure you put a check mark in the "check for new betas as well as update" box then press continue and you will get it. 

• Upvote 1