Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

DLSS 3 FPS-Increasing About To Get Even Better

NVIDIA’s FPS-Increasing DLSS 3 Tech Is About To Get Even Better, Major Improvements To Image Quality In Games

"Improvements To Image Quality In Games"

games? I guess that excludes MSFS then 😊

NVIDIA DLSS 3 'Fine Wine' Update Coming Soon: Improved Image Quality, Reduced Ghosting, Better Edge Smoothness Across Multiple Games

During its CES 2023 keynote, NVIDIA announced that a major update to DLSS 3 was due by the end of this quarter. Now, we have a small hint at what this update might bring and from the looks of it, DLSS 3 is going to shift into high gear!

NVIDIA announced in its blog post that thanks to continued training on its AI Supercomputer, new updates will soon be rolled out to improve DLSS Super Resolution, DLAA, and the latest DLSS 3 Frame Generation technology across multiple games. And these benefits will not only be limited to just DLSS 3 titles but will be applicable to all GeForce RTX gamers. So even if you are running older RTX 20 or RTX 30 GPUs, you will see the benefit from the latest updates which include the following improvements:

AI network enhancements for DLSS Frame Generation that better take advantage of game engine data, improving UI stability and image quality during fast movement.
    An updated AI network for DLSS Super Resolution Ultra Performance mode, improving fine detail stability and overall image quality.
    An updated AI network for NVIDIA DLAA that improves image quality, reduces ghosting, and improves edge smoothness in high-contrast scenarios.

spacer.png

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-fps-increasing-dlss-3-tech-is-about-to-get-even-better-major-improvements-image-quality-in-games/

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 4

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Hopefully that means a decent fix to the blurry glass gauges in the sim.  Though I've just been dealing with it and zooming in closer to the panel in 2D - the massive fps increase is worth it.  In VR I'm using dlss as well - the blurryness isn't as much of a factor vs 2d.

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I feel like so much was given into the 40XX cards. Yet for the 30XX cards we barely saw improvements. I went and got the 3090 when it first came out. Only to see that they barely gave us any updates to that chip. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

LOL “older RTX 30 cards.”  Steady on..

• Like 6

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

39 minutes ago, flyhalf said:

LOL “older RTX 30 cards.”  Steady on..

Well ... they have been officially out for well over two years, a month off two and a half years. 

The fact that you could not actually buy one for the first 6 to 12 months is beside the point 😄

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, turbomax said:

NVIDIA’s FPS-Increasing DLSS 3 Tech Is About To Get Even Better, Major Improvements To Image Quality In Games

NVIDIA DLSS 3 'Fine Wine' Update Coming Soon: Improved Image Quality, Reduced Ghosting, Better Edge Smoothness Across Multiple Games

During its CES 2023 keynote, NVIDIA announced that a major update to DLSS 3 was due by the end of this quarter. Now, we have a small hint at what this update might bring and from the looks of it, DLSS 3 is going to shift into high gear!

NVIDIA announced in its blog post that thanks to continued training on its AI Supercomputer, new updates will soon be rolled out to improve DLSS Super Resolution, DLAA, and the latest DLSS 3 Frame Generation technology across multiple games. And these benefits will not only be limited to just DLSS 3 titles but will be applicable to all GeForce RTX gamers. So even if you are running older RTX 20 or RTX 30 GPUs, you will see the benefit from the latest updates which include the following improvements:

AI network enhancements for DLSS Frame Generation that better take advantage of game engine data, improving UI stability and image quality during fast movement.
    An updated AI network for DLSS Super Resolution Ultra Performance mode, improving fine detail stability and overall image quality.
    An updated AI network for NVIDIA DLAA that improves image quality, reduces ghosting, and improves edge smoothness in high-contrast scenarios.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-fps-increasing-dlss-3-tech-is-about-to-get-even-better-major-improvements-image-quality-in-games/

In the Navigraph 2022 survey, 82.4% of the survey takers said they use an NVidia graphics card for their primary flight simulation computer (page 62 of the survey).  I consider Navigraph survey takers to be the "hard core" flight sim enthusiasts.  So, a large number of hard core flight sim enthusiasts are using an NVidia graphics card.

The MSFS team realizes this and MSFS now uses DLSS, and even DLSS 3, to improve the experience for MSFS users.  Mind you, MSFS also supports FSR 2.0, so even AMD card users are benefiting from MSFS.

IMO, in this day and age, if your flight simulator doesn't support DLSS, and DLSS 3, it's a huge drawback and a weakness, especially when 82.4% of the Navigraph survey is confirming they use NVidia cards.  This is yet, another reason, why MSFS is light years ahead of the competition, and IMO, is running laps around the competition.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

21 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

In the Navigraph 2022 survey, 82.4% of the survey takers said they use an NVidia graphics card for their primary flight simulation computer (page 62 of the survey).  I consider Navigraph survey takers to be the "hard core" flight sim enthusiasts.  So, a large number of hard core flight sim enthusiasts are using an NVidia graphics card.

The MSFS team realizes this and MSFS now uses DLSS, and even DLSS 3, to improve the experience for MSFS users.  Mind you, MSFS also supports FSR 2.0, so even AMD card users are benefiting from MSFS.

IMO, in this day and age, if your flight simulator doesn't support DLSS, and DLSS 3, it's a huge drawback and a weakness, especially when 82.4% of the Navigraph survey is confirming they use NVidia cards.  This is yet, another reason, why MSFS is light years ahead of the competition, and IMO, is running laps around the competition.

what competition? 😎

just kidding guys, calm down. 😉

in all seriousness, FSR 2.0 support is to benefit old nVidia cards like mine that doesn't have DLSS support 😁

• Like 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

1 hour ago, penta_a said:

what competition? 😎

this "competition"

"I noticed something weird on the C172 though. It constantly rolls left, and requires a constant right yoke input. Reminds me of the old infamous "torque bug", but it doesn't seem to be related to prop or engine, because it's there even with both the engine and prop stopped.

Apparently it can't be corrected with rudder or aileron trim. Indeed, if using trims the aircraft will fly heavily uncoordinated, but still rolls left."

the GPU "competition" are having problems of their own (AMD has acknowledged the overheating problems with some Radeon RX 7900 XTX graphics cards ), FSR 2.0 seems the least problem right now. will be interesting to watch AMD's presentation tonight at CES: will they announce the 7000x3D ?

"together we advance" - we will see. CES Keynote on Wednesday, January 4 at 6:30 p.m. PT.

and back to DLSS 3.0: no word on FrameGeneration for VR, looks like it's not going to happen. 😒

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

15 hours ago, turbomax said:

spacer.png

Thanks Turbo for posting this. It helped with my decision on switching to an nVidia 4080 instead of waiting on an AND 7900XTX. 

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

Nice that the RTX 20 and 30 series cards will also benefit. Hopefully the gauges get sharper. 

Edited by RobJC
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I just spent 8 grand on a new (non motorized) bike (These hobbies are starting to get eye wateringly expensive) so no new PC hardware for me but its looking like a team green purchase later in the year when i can afford to upgrade.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Nvidia is sitting on a HUGE amount of 12gb 4080's,   which is a product they had to de-launch after launch  (because the price value was so bad that NOBODY wanted it).   

They are also sitting on a huge amount of 16gb 4080's,   which ARE good cards but substantially overpriced.  /thus not selling well.

They are now relaunching their rebranded stack of 12gb  4080's (after all the OEM's had to return ship them from distributors, then rebrand them,  and then repackage them).

They NEED to hype DLSS 3 and any other 4xxx specific features in order to shine any form of positive light on their sub 4090 product range.   They need to distance them from the still available 3xxx cards.   This is bigger that just a marketing announcement,   it a business strategy in response to Nvidia stepping their foot in their own pile of oop.

The 4080 12gb is now rebranded as the 4070ti.

Same cards,  they just dropped the price $100.    (And probably spent way more than that rebranding and repacking them)

edit: That end of the product line competes with the AMD XTX raster performance wise,   so Nvidia needs to reinforce nvidia specific features like DLSS.

Meanwhile,  AMD prefers open source initiatives like Vulkan,  FSR,  etc.

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Maxis said:

I just spent 8 grand on a new (non motorized) bike (These hobbies are starting to get eye wateringly expensive) so no new PC hardware for me but its looking like a team green purchase later in the year when i can afford to upgrade.

I hear you. I am not dumping more money into my rig. My 3080 is fine, so I am not spending more money any time soon on hardware. Even at LAX I am getting 25 to 30 FPS (which really doesn't bother me at all) and in the sky I am in the 50s. I just played Call of Duty MW2 and I am seeing 120+ FPS on ultra at 1440p. This system should last a few years easy. As far as add-ons are concerned, the only one I am really eyeing is the triple 7. But if the A380 comes out even that might be shelved. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

My only wish is that they can bring dlss 3 to vr

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero