Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Nice F-18 for FSX

Came across a nice F-18 Hornet for FSX by Original by Garry J. Smith. Adapted for FSX by Eric Buchmann. Can't seem to find a link in the avsim library but if you google FSX f-18 it comes up. Just seen one at an airshow so was fun to fly it in FSX.

Hi. Great! What's the filename and URL? The one I found had a panel with the old DSD sound gauge in it that will not run on FSX. Regards, Bob.

Not sure if we are supposed to mention other flight sim sites, but the file name is fsxfa-18.zip , when I google that it comes right up.

Hi. Thanks. That's the one I have but the panel has the old dsd sound gauge and won't run in FSX. It locks up FSX as the version of the sound gauge is wrong and it cannot find a sound file. Best regards, Bob.

>Hi. Thanks. That's the one I have but the panel has the old>dsd sound gauge and won't run in FSX. It locks up FSX as the>version of the sound gauge is wrong and it cannot find a sound>file. Best regards, Bob. Sorry, I assumed all would be the same, try the one from flightsim, shows 2nd in the google search here and works fine.

Actually, I believe the original is by FS-KBT, and it was painted by Gary Smith and adapted for FSX Eric Buchmann.It bothers me when proper credit isn't given. FS-KBT (Daisuke Yamamoto as lead) put a lot of work into this plane.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

>Actually, I believe the original is by FS-KBT, and it was>painted by Gary Smith and adapted for FSX Eric Buchmann.>>It bothers me when proper credit isn't given. FS-KBT (Daisuke>Yamamoto as lead) put a lot of work into this plane.>>ThomasGood catch! Great plane, great price.

Guest Shalomar

It had a problem going supersonic; just like the RAAF version for FS9. The American package is supersonic easily. I tried using the .air file from the FS9 American package in FSX; and though it fixes the supersonic part of the envelope it makes slow flight and landing much more difficult than it was in FS9.Guess I should wait for KBT to do the American version for FSX.Best Regards, Donald T.FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest jbrians

If the airshow was Oshkosh, the one you saw at an airshow was most likely the F18 from the in-progress FSX Acceleration pack which was being demoed there.

Any word on that hardcore F-18 being developed for FSX? It's been mentioned here before but I forget the developer's name.

Guest _FALCON_

GreetingsI found this plane two weeks ago in my search for good military planes, and I can tell you that after checking out over half a dozen of them, this is the absolute best flying, best sounding, best looking one you will find. It works great; its FSX addaptation is excellent -- better than some FSX default planes!. I found it here:http://www.simviation.com/fsxmilitary5.htmThere is a US Navy tomcat skin for the plane on page 6 of the same site. Just follow the readme directions. They are simple. I am new to FSX, and had no problem.I am so happy with this plane, I fly it most of the timehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176375.jpg