Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

I am an word not allowed AGAIN!! FS2CREW B737

2 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

No matter the product, going to Discord, one of the most poorly designed apps on earth, to get support, is a hard no from me.  (I'm aware these guys also have a forum)

Whats so poor about it? You have an issue, you ask for help, you get help. Problem solved. Its that easy in most cases.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

3 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

No matter the product, going to Discord, one of the most poorly designed apps on earth, to get support, is a hard no from me.  (I'm aware these guys also have a forum)

I agree. As soon as I hear the word Discord, I lose the will to live. What's the big problem with a forum?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

All the people whining about Discord, were probably whining about Usenet back in the day. It's 2023, get with it, or find another hobby. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

11 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Grow up. 

They have a great Discord and Bryan (owner) provides great support...always has. 

Go to the forum and send them a ticket, he will help you, lose the attitude too. 

I use the B737 FS2Crew product for MSFS and its bullet proof. 

The OP was irritated, he expressed it, he didn't get personal so I have no problem with that.

Fakeflyer.....You got personal, not nice, attempted bullying is not an attitude I want to see on any forum.

Not a fan of discord either, even the definition of "discord" works against it.

Edited by GaryK
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I agree. As soon as I hear the word Discord, I lose the will to live. What's the big problem with a forum?

What actually is the problem with DC? I dont get it....

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

46 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

What actually is the problem with DC? I dont get it....

I use it often to get quick and accurate answers about topics like the Fenix, Kodiak,C 310, etc. Sometimes I am in the middle of a flight and have a question, and get the answer in seconds on Discord. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

26 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I use it often to get quick and accurate answers about topics like the Fenix, Kodiak,C 310, etc. Sometimes I am in the middle of a flight and have a question, and get the answer in seconds on Discord. 

Yes that is basically my experience with it too.

Discord might be ok for answering simple, trivial questions, the answer for which can be given in seconds. 

If you want to have a deeper discussion or get an answer about something that the vast majority won't know, you'll need to count on luck that your input will actually get timely noticed by the right person before the subject changes into something else as discord is basically a single thread forum..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

All the people whining about Discord, were probably whining about Usenet back in the day. It's 2023, get with it, or find another hobby. 

Exactly the mature reasoned debate that keeps me coming back here🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

FS2crew is a STAND UP developer. I used it in P3D and the developer, owner went way out of his way to help me fix an issue for me that wasn't even their issue. I do understand your frustrations when things aren't working but give them a chance to make it right before coming onto a public forum and flaming them. This kind of post isn't fair to them, it unjustly does harm their sales, people who don't know this developer may be swayed by a post like this.

For anyone considering FS2Crew please don't let one post sway you, do your homework and look at their overall record and reviews.

• Like 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

1 hour ago, ha5mvo said:

Discord might be ok for answering simple, trivial questions, the answer for which can be given in seconds. 

If you want to have a deeper discussion or get an answer about something that the vast majority won't know, you'll need to count on luck that your input will actually get timely noticed by the right person before the subject changes into something else as discord is basically a single thread forum..

So you are claiming that the developers who frequent some of these Discord sites, would only be able to answer simple and trivial questions...   Oh OK... LOL

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

So you are claiming that the developers who frequent some of these Discord sites, would only be able to answer simple and trivial questions...   Oh OK... LOL

Not sure how you arrived at that reply???

Too many blindly partisan members on this forum. I'm off for another few weeks.🙂 

Happy new year.

• Like 1

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

I hope you get your issue sorted. I can tell ya that FS2CREW works well and is valuable once you get it sorted. I myself will go to any source as long as I can get help. I had issues with FS2CREW initially because it would not follow my commands accurately. I talked to Bryan and ditched my expensive headset and got the microsoft life chat, which he recommended. It was night and day and never had an issue since. As a real world flyer of multi crew jets, it's spot on. Just the fact that I can direct the co-pilot is worth it. When you have a hand full of airplane, it's nice to be able to hand fly and direct the copilot as we do real world. It's like a symphony when each member does there part to get the jet going.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

That conclusion is miles away from what he actually said. The point he's making is obviously not that Fenix won't be able to answer any non-trivial question, but that the design of Discord often will drown your question among other posts before a developer or anyone with an answer even sees it.

Discord was designed as a communication means for small groups of people like study groups, friends playing games together, you name it. It's a chat room with a few different channels. It was never intended to be a support forum for thousands of customers. Sometimes you're lucky in that another person sees your question and has an answer, but if not, it doesn't take long for your question to disappear up the page where no one ever scrolls to because it's getting drowned in tons of other, completely unrelated posts with different conversations being merged in one place. In a forum you have dedicated threads for every conversation to avoid exactly that. Basically, a Discord channel is a forum with subforums but no individual threads.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I have quited Discord for good...A true mess for me, other than for very specific and moderately small groups ...

Even if an addon I own has support only through Discord I will instead use a supoort ticket system instead. If not available then email, and if no other channel available, I will simply not buy it.

Now regarding the OP I look fwd for a solution and I myself am considering investing also in the FS2Crew for the PMDG 737 and the Fenix A320 because I never gave it a go in P3D, but saw many interesting and really tempting videos.

Edited by cagarini
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...