Sign in to follow this  
Guest BobKK

why the price reduction on FSX?

I see the price has been dropped by about a third at a couple of places for both versions of FSX (Walmart & Best Buy). Deluxe is now $49, and standard is $29. Not sale prices, but the new everyday price.Is this normal for FS at this stage of a release? Or is MS waving the white flag and just trying to empty the warehouse?:-lol Bunson

Errmmm what the heck - I'll give you a twirl since I have nothing else to contribute in this hyere big time FSX fowe-rum :-lolA solid foundation is usually pretty tough to start, but the house is more secure going forward. Price drops notwithstanding, FSX is an unqualified success as far as this fs9 dweller can tell here and around the net. I've seen more modest spec'd users than myself having a blast even pre SP1, so even I could theoretically jump in were I so inclined. But plainly, fs-weary old me does not represent the flow.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest dfoulk

If you are itching to buy another copy, you can have my delux for $48:-jumpy

Its pretty much standard practice, most people who wanted FSX wanted it straight away and were prepared to pay full retail for it, then there are the people who sat on the fence and wanted to see how FSX panned out, they get it a bit cheaper, same with pretty much all software ... I recently bought Armed Assault at a bargain basement price, but was not too keen on it when it was first out ... heck it happens with TV's, hi fi etc etc etc.Is this another MS-FSX bash? I have no regrets buying FSX on day one :)

Guest crabster

It's the retail version. I picked up mine at Gamestop a couple weeks ago for 49 bucks for the deluxe version. I was at Bestbuy last Saturday and they had the deluxe version "on sale" for 49.99. The standard version is now 29.99.

No, they were the regular boxed versions. And I checked the sites of some other stores, and they are selling for the same prices.No, not a bash, I was actually curious about the pricing, Hayabusa. I just threw that last comment in as a gentle tweak for some of the a really excited user. :D Bunson

I picked mine up for $36. Deluxe version.

>FSX is an unqualified success as far as this>fs9 dweller can tell here and around the net. My observations are very different. Look at the number of FS2004 files in the libraries - they still outnumber FSX files by some way ;)FS2000 came along and FS98 files dried up. FS8 and FS9 came along and the same thing happened ...

>>FSX is an unqualified success as far as this>>fs9 dweller can tell here and around the net. >>My observations are very different. Look at the number of>FS2004 files in the libraries - they still outnumber FSX files>by some way ;)Look at how much longer FS2004 has been out than FSX, of course its going to have more files available :)

Guest tmilton

>I see the price has been dropped by about a thirdNothing unusual as price drops commonly occur on software and even hardware products as time goes on after the initial release.

>>>FSX is an unqualified success as far as this>>>fs9 dweller can tell here and around the net. >>>>My observations are very different. Look at the number of>>FS2004 files in the libraries - they still outnumber FSX>files>>by some way ;)>>>Look at how much longer FS2004 has been out than FSX, of>course its going to have more files available :)Oops ... I meant new files ;)

They've dropped the price to make it sell. Cause it's not setting the world on fire like we all thought. Simple as that really.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Probably 1/2 of the retail cost goes to the retailer - or higher.Microsoft has just publicly started to promote the Acceleration! addon.Though FSX has been selling great, retailers want to move their stock and be ready for the addon sales.

Personally, I think you're right. I don't recall a significant FS2004 retail price drop until around the announcement of FSX. FS2004 MSRP was up there for a very long time.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE