Sign in to follow this  
Guest BobKK

why the price reduction on FSX?

>They've dropped the price to make it sell. Cause it's not>setting the world on fire like we all thought. Simple as that>really.Reasons for the price drop are pure speculation. I cannot speak of how many copies have been sold world-wide, but I can say that they have exceeded expectations. I would look at the price cut as a good thing, not a bad thing.For those who have not taken the plunge into purchasing FSX, now you have an even better reason for doing so.Best,Owen

Guest BobKK

Are you familiar with the concept of "Supply and Demand"?Demand goes down, price falls. Basic Economics 101.I would guess that the enthusiast market for FSX has pretty much been tapped and now they're trying to get the non-enthusiast or just plain curious crowd to buy.

>For those who have not taken the plunge into purchasing FSX, >now you have an even better reason for doing so.>>Best,>>OwenExactly Owen and I just did. With a small review rebate, I got my copy for $28.00 bucks - a steal IMHO (some issues not withstanding ;-) :-lol). I had only one minor install error, activation went fine and I have been "testing the waters" for the past few days. Some new things I like - some have been head scratchers but, it all comes with change and FSX is the future (for now anyway), so why wait much longer?Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.3GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 7.1's6x AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals - Saitek Throttle

Regards, Kendall

One of the most common reasons to reduce prices in August, is to clear older stock in preparation for new products and the Christmas marketing razzle dazzle. I wonder what that might include?FSXI Santa Baby??Alex Reid

>Got my FSX standard today on sale at CC for only $14.95.>FS2004 was higher at $19.95.>>TimOMG ... dooo dooo doooo dooo.Its an evil conspiracy, i tells ya folks.I've had enough of Avsim, they should have filtered out trash like this long ago, but they still like to let the trolls fan the flames like this, each and every day.One day there will be no more Microsoft Flight Simulation team, then you can all bleat your hearts out and agree how great it was. while you play FS2004 in the year 2010 on your old retro PC's.Pathetic.This is my last post here, I've had enough of the back stabbing to the hand that feeds us I constantly see here.For what its worth, I hope MS carry on, but after all the crap they get here, I don't blame them if they pack it in ... some people cant see more than 2 paces in front of them :( SAD.Avsim , you should feel privileged to allow MS FS developers on here, but you allow threads to go into slanging and continual hate fests for those that will not, or do not know how to move on.This last guys whine about pricing was the last straw for me, the pricing structure has been explained many times, but we have to endure the anti FSX guys making new threads saying ..... XYZ have FS9 cheaper in XZY store than FSX in XZW store, there are dozens of other civil aviation sim (and I mean civil) sites out there now.ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!

LOL ... my pricing structure is way wrong ... but my expections of the usual antagonist's leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.He makes a good point though, I've seen FS2004 at very bloated prices all over the web.I'm still pee'd off with those constantly whining and looking for new angles to attack MS FS ... what do they hope to get out of it?