Sign in to follow this  
Mace

FSX AI Traffic / Traffic Database Builder

Guest SkyTeamCEO

I went to add military AI traffic and I'm getting errors regarding parking spaces. In my new .csv file, I had put MIL_CARGO and/or MIL_COMBAT (as specified in the original .csv file) and then in the new airports.dat I matched them. When I used FSX Planner to add these spaces into the airports they say RAMP_MIL_CARGO etc... I tried them both ways and get errors each time. The new spaces show up in FSX, I just can't get trafficdatabasebuilder.exe to compile the new file due to the error. Any thoughts?

Guest SkyTeamCEO

Update - the error says that it is an unrecognized parking type.

Double-check the SDK documentation on the exact syntax of the mil spots in the youraircraft.csv file, and in the yourairports.dat file.I am at work and so I cannot check right now. If mem serves though, there is no such thing as RAMP_MIL_COMBATRhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

It could be that you don't have any Military parking spots in your Airports.Dat file. Open this file with Notepad and do a search for either of the military parking space types if none are found then you had better add a few to some military airbases or airports. IIRC there are no Military parking spots in the default airports.John

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

>It could be that you don't have any Military parking spots in>your Airports.Dat file. He said he did have some in though.>Open this file with Notepad and do a>search for either of the military parking space types if none>are found then you had better add a few to some military>airbases or airports. IIRC there are no Military parking spots>in the default airports.>That's right there are no military parking spots in the default FS10airports.dat file.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Hi Rhett. Is there a list of the military parking specs for FSX? In the aircraft.cfg I see MIL_Cargo and MIL_Combat. When I look at the AFX AFCAD for the airports I have imported I see Ramp MIL Cargo and Ramp MIL Combat. Which is right for FSX? I am trying to setup some military AI in FSX and am really lost. It does not seem that there ius any tutorial or help file for military AI in FSX. Do all of the flightplan airports in FSX have to have military parking spots so they will land there? Thanks, regards, Bob.

As there are no military parking spots at any of the default FSX airfields you can either modify the empty military airfields to add military parking spots and then devise flight plans for them or alternatively you could modify your military aircraft to use civilian parking spots and generate flight plans using the TDBB from the SDK. Of course the latter course will mean that you will have military aircraft parked next to Spam Cans etc. when you go fly. It may be possible to transport some military airfield FS9 AFCADS and flightplans to FSX but you will need to be on your toes and be prepared to learn far more than you may think.I assume that you have had a look here: http://www.militaryaiworks.com/AFX from F1 is your friend.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

HI. Thanks. In the aircraft,cfg's I see MIL_Cargo and MIL_Combat. WhenI look at the AFX AFCAD for the airports I have imported I see Ramp MIL Cargo and Ramp MIL Combat. Which is right for FSX? Do I need every airport that is called out in the flightplan modified with military parking spots to have the AI work. I have visted militaryaiworks and was informed they don't do any FSX flightplans. Best regards, Bob.

>HI. Thanks. In the aircraft,cfg's I see MIL_Cargo and>MIL_Combat. When>I look at the AFX AFCAD for the airports I have imported I see>Ramp MIL Cargo and Ramp MIL Combat. Which is right for FSX? Per the SDK a parking spot can be coded RAMP_MIL_CARGO or RAMP_MIL_COMBAT. Then in the corresponding aircraft.cfg file you need MIL_CARGO or MIL_COMBAT depending on which type of spot you want your plane to park.Also the aircraft's wing_span value in the aircraft.cfg is another major determinant of what parks where.There are some compilations of parking spot sizes for various kinds of military aircraft posted on fsdeveloper, and of course you can figure those values yourself if you have a decent airplane book or reference.>Do I need every airport that is called out in the flightplan>modified with military parking spots to have the AI work.Technically, yes. Yourairports.dat is one of the files (it's a text file) that you use to create AI traffic for FSX. (see the SDK, the file fs10airports.dat, as a template to make your own airports.dat file off of).The TDBB compiler rightly checks to make sure each airport you have in your flight plans has sufficient parking for each of the aircraft you specify in your flight plans. It looks at yourairports.dat for the parking spots. It doesn't look at your AFCADs/airport scenery files. So if you get my drift, you can specify more parking (in your .dat file) than you actually have. This is useful for checking other errors, but keep in mind it can result in disppearing aircraft and other problems.Good thing we have FSXPlanner and ADE to make more parking...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Have your read this thread, http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=411214&page=2it has some info which may be of interest to you?

John

Hi Rhett. OK, Thanks. You have helped me a lot. I have been able to get military AI at Beale AFB thanks to the FS9 MAIW file at Avsim and a contact in Europe that had the FSX flightplans. I also found out that I cannot run my Ultimate Traffic.bgl along with the Beale traffic.bgl. I used AFX to make the FSX AFCAD from the FS9 one. It worked GREAT! Thanks for all your help. Best regards, Bob.

Hi John. OK, thanks. That's the thread that I started. Thanks to Emile, who answered my questions, I was able to make military AI at Beale AFB. He was a big help to me. I appreciate all the help I have received. Best regards, Bob.