Sign in to follow this  
wlix261

MSFS Youtuber Gone Hacked

Hello

I subscribe to one of the most active YT channels on MSFS.   This morning i noticed that the site is gone.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/overkill-simulations-hacked/568463

I wonder if this site could be restored....

Rgds

Edited by wlix261
missed URL

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

That is really too bad, I enjoyed his videos. I hope he can recover.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dan Scott

I'm saddened as well. His videos were always entertaining and very informative. I really hope he can get back on line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, monica6211 said:

I'm saddened as well. His videos were always entertaining and very informative. I really hope he can get back on line.

He had the better quality videos of most flight sim content creators, and was one of the few channels I enjoyed visually😥

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Maybe I'm being naive, but I have no idea why someone would target a hard-working, low-keyed youtuber, doing informative videos in a niche corner of the gaming universe. 

I find his videos useful, I also like that he doesn't edit mistakes he makes. 

Probably some smalldixxenergy dude who can't stand the fact that someone is actually helpful on the internet. 

Hoping he can restore his channel. 

• Like 3

I seem to recall a lot of mockery directed toward him on Reddit from people who claimed he was hyping his own Patreon and guides.  Not saying it was justified...but I'm wondering if that made him a target for some types.

Hope he gets things sorted out soon.

• Like 4

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

I stopped watching him a while ago because I got fed up with his constant self-promotions etc.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Hope he gets back online soon as I often watch his videos.  I just fast forward through the first few minutes of self promotion.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

54 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

I stopped watching him a while ago because I got fed up with his constant self-promotions etc.

Yeah me too I kind of stick to into the blue content at the moment but I miss Frooglesim as he retired from Youtube a year or 2 ago.

Just now, jbdbow1970 said:

Frooglesim

I knew Peter Wright as he lived very close to me in Eastbourne, before moving to the USA. A top bloke, very experienced programmer and author and very missed on YT. He was the first person I heard say "Study Level" about something. I don't know whether that was his invention.

54 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

I knew Peter Wright as he lived very close to me in Eastbourne

He's back in the UK and West Sussex I think.

He is not Youtubing any more which is a shame.

On the topic thread, I also enjoy his videos and wish him well...

Not great this happened to him. He works pretty hard and releases a lot of content. In saying that, I fast forward most of his videos most of the time. Personally I find his reviews and impressions to be lacking depth or substance and overly flattering. But still, he can be funny at times so he stays subscribed. Would be totally heart broken if it happened to Jonathan Beckett or Into the Blue Simulations. Both at the other end of the spectrum with their delivery style.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

Not great this happened to him. He works pretty hard and releases a lot of content. In saying that, I fast forward most of his videos most of the time. Personally I find his reviews and impressions to be lacking depth or substance and overly flattering. But still, he can be funny at times so he stays subscribed. Would be totally heart broken if it happened to Jonathan Beckett or Into the Blue Simulations. Both at the other end of the spectrum with their delivery style.

What bothered me about his "reviews" when an add on aircraft  is first introduced, he seemingly  spends no time at all learning about what he is reviewing, with the result that  many things he gets wrong in his "reviews". Why not study  the aircraft for at least a couple of days, and then do a review? 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

All his guides require money, not begrudging him for it, but with so much freeware to be had, was not my cup of tea. 

• Like 2

Eric