Sign in to follow this  
Guest DougHillman

virtual cockpit floats

Guest wynmdr

When I am using the virtual cockpit the instrument panel floats either forwards or backwards, depending on if you are increasing or decreasing power

Yeah, I like the effect, but it makes it difficult to select items on the cockpit with a mouse when there's turbulence, so I turned it off with the camera config file.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>Yeah, I like the effect, but it makes it difficult to select>items on the cockpit with a mouse when there's turbulence, so>I turned it off with the camera config file.Makes adjusting the heading knob on the 737 real fun...The main problem being the "click" buttons for the heading, and also the bank angle are very close together, and hardto tell apart.. I dunno how many times I've tried to dial upa new heading, but changed my bank angle instead...%$#@Drives me nuts.. Cuz then, you have to get clicked on the right "clicker" to get my bank angle back where I had it..Drives me nuts messing with that in bumpy wx... :(I wish they would place those "clicker" points farther apart..Like say bank angle at the very top, heading at the very bottom.MK

It all the flying I have done. My head has never moved like that. I don't find it real at all, just annoying.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest fsxmissionguy

Hmmmm,I had the exact opposite reaction to this feature ... I thought it was awesome.One of the "problems" of any computer simulation is the lack of an ability to simulate G effects on the human body. You know ... the feeling of negative G weightlessness that you feel as the seat belt pressure relieving for just a moment or so when your captain reduces power to idle in preparation for his descent.When you push the handles forward on a 747, there is definitely a feeling of being "pushed back in your seat." I feel it just as a frequent passenger on these airplanes.The "head bob" effect is probably the best way to simulate that feeling on a computer screen. It's very noticeable, but also very subtle.And yes, it does sometimes make getting to the very small clickpoints in a VC difficult, but I'd say the pisspoor design of most aircraft cockpits produces more frustration for me than this design element.

Guest DougHillman

>It all the flying I have done. My head has never moved like>that. Sure it has, it's just that your brain processes it so that you don't really notice in real life. The FSX effect is maybe a little overdone. Add that to the fact that it's just a small window in your vision moving, as opposed to your entire field of view, and you get a pretty unrealistic effect. That being said, I sorta like it. It communicates what it's supposed to effectively, if maybe not exactly the way that we'd see it in real life.