Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

iniBuilds EGLL install help

iniBuilds EGLL has been my first purchase for MSFS.

I bought through SimMarket but when I downloaded, the folder doesn't contain an installer or a readme on how to install. Instead in the main folder I have:
inibuilds-airport-egll-london FILE FOLDER (that contains CGL, ContentInfo, MaterialLibs, scenery, SimObjects folders and layout.json and manifest.json)
iniScene London Heathrow VDGS Installation Guide
vdgs-inibuilds-egll

Can anyone help? I was hoping MSFS installation of addons would be simple!

Thanks,

Ben

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

2 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Fantastic, thanks

I don't have this product but I do know that if you install a payware scenery over another scenery they will conflict.

That is to say that if you have the expensive deluxe version of MSFS it comes with a specially made EGLL that you may need to remove in the content manager when you install another developors version of it. Otherwise the game will render both Heathrows at once and tank your performance. Not to mention make it look like you are occupying two dimensions in space and time.

I actually just had to do this very thing with Palermo as I have installed a payware version of it and had two airports rendering at the same time.

Edited by Jazz

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

15 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I don't have this product but I do know that if you install a payware scenery over another scenery they will conflict.

That is to say that if you have the expensive deluxe version of MSFS it comes with a specially made EGLL that you may need to remove in the content manager when you install another developors version of it. Otherwise the game will render both Heathrows at once and tank your performance. Not to mention make it look like you are occupying two dimensions in space and time.

I actually just had to do this very thing with Palermo as I have installed a payware version of it and had two airports rendering at the same time.

I've put iniBuilds in the Community folder...do I need to remove the original deluxe EGLL?

64.0 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

I've put iniBuilds in the Community folder...do I need to remove the original deluxe EGLL?

If you have the Deluxe version you will have to go to the content manager and look for the Asobo/Microsoft EGLL in there and then remove it. Or else you will have two airports running at the same time.

If you do not have the Deluxe version which includes Asobo's EGLL then you won't need to worry about it.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

17 hours ago, Jazz said:

If you have the Deluxe version you will have to go to the content manager and look for the Asobo/Microsoft EGLL in there and then remove it. Or else you will have two airports running at the same time.

If you do not have the Deluxe version which includes Asobo's EGLL then you won't need to worry about it.

When I search for Heathrow in the Content Manager the only two options I get are:

PREMIUM UPGRADE by Microsoft
EGLL HEATHROW AIRPORT by Iniscene

Do I want to delete the Premium Upgrade? Will that delete lots of other things too?

Thanks

64.0 GB RAM

1 hour ago, BWBriscoe said:

Do I want to delete the Premium Upgrade?

No, please.

Will that delete lots of other things too?

Yes, all premium package.

1. Go to your Profile, and click on Content Manager. Search for "PREMIUM"

2. In the list, Asobo EGLL will appear. Select it so that there is a checkmark next to it. 

3. Click Delete. You must restart the sim for the changes to take effect.

Example:

spacer.png

Edited by polosim

16 minutes ago, polosim said:

No, please.

Yes, all premium package.

1. Go to your Profile, and click on Content Manager. Search for "PREMIUM"

2. In the list, Asobo EGLL will appear. Select it so that there is a checkmark next to it. 

3. Click Delete. You must restart the sim for the changes to take effect.

Example:

spacer.png

If I search for PREMIUM I only get 'PREMIUM UPGRADE'

If I search EGLL only the iniscene installation shows up

64.0 GB RAM

When I search for Heathrow in the Content Manager the only two options I get are:

PREMIUM UPGRADE by Microsoft
EGLL HEATHROW AIRPORT by Iniscene

Do I want to delete the Premium Upgrade? Will that delete lots of other things too?

Thanks

I had a feeling you were going to come back and ask this question. I nearly preempted it by mentioning that I had trouble getting mine to show up until I clicked on the what looks like a cube icon in the top right. Until I did that and searched I would only get two results like you have. After I clicked on that I had 3 including the Microsoft/Asobo airports which I then just deleted.

Alternatively you can just scroll down through everything until you find it but that is a real ball-ache. It will be there though.

If I search for PREMIUM I only get 'PREMIUM UPGRADE'

Click in three dots spot:

spacer.png

Tick EGLL and then click delete:

spacer.png

Fantastic, thanks everyone. It was that pesky three dots and the cube...!

• Like 1

64.0 GB RAM

EGLL V3.0 is my first purchase from iniBuilds and the advice in this post is very helpful. I deleted the ASOBO version prior to running the iniBuilds installer and the new scenery looks amazing.

This scenery is the latest addition to my 'payware only' sim (all other scenery mostly from Orbx Central) so I might as well take this opportunity to ask if it is always 'good practice' to remove default sceneries before installing third party sceneries?

i9-12900K 3.20GHz | Z690 Hero | 64Gb DDR5 5200MHz | RTX3090 O24G | 2TB Firecuda 530 M.2 | RM1000x | H170i ELITE | Corsair 7000D | Samsung Neo G9 | TrackIR | ButtKicker | Honeycomb Bravo | TM TCA Boeing & Sidestick | MFG Crosswinds | Logitech Multi/Radio Panels | Win 10 | MSFS 2020 | (revised May 2023)

5 minutes ago, slicker55 said:

I might as well take this opportunity to ask if it is always 'good practice' to remove default sceneries before installing third party sceneries?

Indeed, if there is a "hand crafted" version, then its removal will be necessary, not just good practice.

• Like 1