Sign in to follow this  
byork

UTX Upgrade 1.1 Question

Guest Len

Two issues with this upgrade. As a similar poster notes on the forum I'm getting a Trojan Horse indication from AVG regarding the update.I've closed AVG down to skip the warning. However, when trying to unzip I get a notice from PowerZip 7.0 which will only allow me to buy the product now that the testing period is over. I don't want to buy it. How can I access this update without that nonsense?

Power Archiver works for me. It comes with a free trial for 30 days. So at least you should be able to unzip during the trial period unless you want to buy it.http://www.powerarchiver.com/Maybe someone knows of a freeware version that does the same thing?Cheers,Bryan

Guest Len

>Power Archiver works for me. It comes with a free trial for>30 days. So at least you should be able to unzip during the>trial period unless you want to buy it.>>http://www.powerarchiver.com/>>Maybe someone knows of a freeware version that does the same>thing?>>Cheers,>BryanOk thanks for that!

Guest Len

Hmm. When I try to open it with powerarchiver I get an error message that it's not a properly archived file. Something like that. I've erased the download and tried to redown load again from the site. But now the link isn't doing anything.

Hi LenI will reccomend you to download and install TotalCommander, which is a substitute to Windows Explorer, does the same things and alot more.This software is able to dive into almost every packing format, zip, rar....It's shareware, only thing you get is a box to click on everytime you start it or you can pay for it if you want and get a lifetime license that works for all future updates. I've used it for years and can't do without it. :)With this software you will also be able to pack files in several formats, and split files if thats needed.http://www.ghisler.com/RegardsAudun

Ok, I'm confused? What file are you using to upgrade UT with? The file from the link in the UT forum points to an installer. Why do you need a a ZIP extractor program for it?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I concur with your question.I just downloaded the installer prepped UTX for an upgrade as per the instructions and ran the installer. No unzipping at all. Methinks someone has had one too many.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest Len

Wait a minute. My point is when I run the installer I get the zip program to unzip. So what's up with this?

Guest Len

>Hi Len>>I will reccomend you to download and install TotalCommander,>which is a substitute to Windows Explorer, does the same>things and alot more.>This software is able to dive into almost every packing>format, zip, rar....>>It's shareware, only thing you get is a box to click on>everytime you start it or you can pay for it if you want and>get a lifetime license that works for all future updates. I've>used it for years and can't do without it. :)>>With this software you will also be able to pack files in>several formats, and split files if thats needed.>>http://www.ghisler.com/>>Regards>>AudunThanks for that Audun!

Guest Len

>I concur with your question.>>I just downloaded the installer prepped UTX for an upgrade as>per the instructions and ran the installer. No unzipping at>all. >>Methinks someone has had one too many.>>Ok all is good NOW. Yesterday it was not a self-installer. When I attempted to open it it popped open a zip program. Then after several tries I tried to download from the site and the link was dead.I now just tried it and it came in a different form, i.e, a self-installer. So something was screwed up on their site. Indeed, a poster on F1 site as well as me got AVS alerts regarding a trojan program on the install. So I suggest something was wrong on the site. But now all is good and it self-installed.Thank you to those who recommended a couple of zip programs.