Sign in to follow this  
Guest dswo

Minimize full screen mode

Guest mirpa

Good morning everyone,I have a new pc (intel dualcore E6600, ATI radeon 1650, 2GB ddr, windows XP and of course FSX)with the same problem of the older one.I fly in full screem mode and sametimes I minimize the desktop (during cruice phases) to do samting else on my pc. The problem start returning in full screem mode, infact the fsx freeze the monitor in all black screen although I can move the mouse pointer and it canghes the shape passing on the active areas of the panel. Other times I can hear the cockpit sound but I see only the theme of desktop and pointer is still active passing on the panel area. To solve this problem I must minimize and restore the screem again and again until the panel and the game return to work correctly.The strange is thet the old pc soffered the same problem although the video card was Nvidia chipset.Have anyone experience about this problem?Thank's and help me please!PS: sorry for my english

Try hitting ESC, then choose to continue the flight when the dialog box appears - that usually gets me back into the cockpit (though I had thought this was a Vista issue, so your problem may be different I suppose).

Paul Skol

Guest mirpa

Hi PaulIn effect this is an othor escamotage to come back in cockpit, and I genery use this one when the other way don't work, but I'm little conforted to know thet I'm not alone.Thank you Mirco

Guest dswo

You are certainly not alone. Unfortunately, the escape trick does not work for me. Problem is acknowledged in MS support docs, with a recommended solution: exit FSX altogether and restart!Do the ACES who frequent this forum have any better suggestions? Or might this be one of the fixes included in SP2?