Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

DirectX 10

Guest Custer

I was wondering if anyone has heard any news of when DirectX 10 will be released? I searched the forums and even the internet. I found numerous articles on the topic but nothing that indicates a release date. Thanks.Gianluca

See the other thread on this subject. Looks like we get DX10.1 with Vista SP1 and the DX10 release of FSX will use some of the DX10.1 code behind the scenes but not for rendering. So FSX might look the same with DX10 and DX10.1 cards but might run better on the latter. People with current GeForce 8800 or Radeon 2900 DX10 cards won't be able to use DX10.1 features.N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Guest MauiHawk

>wow>check this link out>http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/6977/>i am glad i did not upgrade to 8800 video card>patience is virtue>BoSorry, but when has hardware ever been *forward* compatible? Would you expect an old Pentium 3 to run 64 bit code? Would you expect your old IDE HD to run via a SATA connection? Does the Nvidia 5900 (which was built for DX9.0) run DX9.0c? No, no and no.The problem with technology is it becomes obsolete very quickly. It doesn't matter *when* you buy it, you can guarantee there will be something available shortly which your hardware doesn't support. Don't act like this is a surprise or something. Anyway, by the time there are games available that would make effective use of dx10.1, you can bet those games wouldn't run great on dx10 class chips even if dx10 class chips supported 10.1-- you would expect that gpu chips by that point will be putting today's top end cards to shame regardless.

Guest AC777_LR

>wow>check this link out>http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/6977/>i am glad i did not upgrade to 8800 video card>patience is virtue>BoWow...did you wet your pants as you were typing this? Sounds like you don't like upgrading so I'll let you go back to flying FS2002 on your 17" CRT monitor.