Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

PSXT Question

I've been downloading airlines and airplanes and have a majority of them correctly installed.  However, once I launch PSXT, in the bottom i get a message saying that "Plane type X, could not be created in my sim".  What is this caused by and how do I fix it?  Thanks!

I also see a message in red saying that there "are too many liveries that could not be created, see log.txt".  What does that mean and what should I be looking for?

Edited by Zimmerbz

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

What airlines and airplanes have you been downloading? Are they AI, are they for the right sim, are they added properly to your sim and visible for PSXT to see/use?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

32 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

What airlines and airplanes have you been downloading? Are they AI, are they for the right sim, are they added properly to your sim and visible for PSXT to see/use?

Sorry, that would have been helpful.  It is AIG.  I am using AIG with PSXT and Real Traffic

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

look in the errors folder for clue...(and check the errors section of the manual)

Kiek  will be back soon.

"too many liveries that could not be created." That happens because PSXT is seeing the traffic broadcast by RealTraffic, but is unable to find liveries to inject.

1.) Have you run a livery scan? If no, start with a livery scan.

2.) if yes did it find any liveries? If it didn't find liveries, then PSXT doesn't know where AIG aircraft are installed - you need to fix that.

3.) if you did a livery scan and it found liveries, are you sure they are still active in the same location you scanned?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

10 hours ago, somiller said:

"too many liveries that could not be created." That happens because PSXT is seeing the traffic broadcast by RealTraffic, but is unable to find liveries to inject.

1.) Have you run a livery scan? If no, start with a livery scan.

2.) if yes did it find any liveries? If it didn't find liveries, then PSXT doesn't know where AIG aircraft are installed - you need to fix that.

3.) if you did a livery scan and it found liveries, are you sure they are still active in the same location you scanned?

I think I fixed the issue.  I am showing about 6000 liveries when I do a scan now.  There was a problem with my install that I figured out after doing a reinstall so I should be good.  If I notice anything abnormal, I will post back.  

I didn't get the error after I fixed it but I didn't have a long enough chance to see if planes/liveries were accurate.  I did notice that there was an Austrian Airlines plane parked at the C concourse at ORD when doing a quick check but I don't know if that was actually the case.  To my knowledge only Lufthansa flies out of concourse C at ORD.  So hopefully that was either a real occurrence or an isolated error.  The other day before I fixed what i think I needed to fix, there was a bunch of Frontier planes at Heathrow so I know something was wrong there. 

What was your fix? - might help for other users who experience your issue

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

2 minutes ago, somiller said:

What was your fix? - might help for other users who experience your issue

Sure.. I noticed that It wasn't full installing into the community folder.  It was taking a VERY long time and I thought it was my computer freezing.  So i put it on in the background while working the other day and didn't check it and everything got put into the folder correctly.  I'll report back if I notice any abnormalities on my next flight 

18 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

there was a bunch of Frontier planes at Heathrow so I know something was wrong there. 

There is nothing wrong. What you see is the result of what you have installed and your settings.

Do note that if you have matching depth of static and live to 8 you will see liveries of other airlines if the ones needed are missing. If you do not want that, set matching depths at 3, then you will only see correct models and liveries.

Read more in FAQ #33

Edited by kiek

5 hours ago, kiek said:

There is nothing wrong. What you see is the result of what you have installed and your settings.

Do note that if you have matching depth of static and live to 8 you will see liveries of other airlines if the ones needed are missing. If you do not want that, set matching depths at 3, then you will only see correct models and liveries.

Read more in FAQ #33

Thanks.  I will give this a try as it was set to both 8 on live matching and static matching.  Changing it to 3 won't make me have less traffic though, right?

43 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Thanks.  I will give this a try as it was set to both 8 on live matching and static matching.  Changing it to 3 won't make me have less traffic though, right?

If you have correct models and liveries for all attempted matches you will not have less traffic. Any matches for which you are missing model and livery will not show up in the sim, so in that case you would have less traffic.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

14 minutes ago, somiller said:

If you have correct models and liveries for all attempted matches you will not have less traffic. Any matches for which you are missing model and livery will not show up in the sim, so in that case you would have less traffic.

Thanks!