Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Windows 10 vs 11 (for better MSFS performance)

9 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Besides the hardware incompatibility, its not question of being happy or not. 10 works thats all and this is what I ask from  a computer.  11 looks good but doesn't bring me anything substantial that I see. Nothing "religious" about it. A touch of pragmatic conservatism maybe 😉

We have a half dozen PCs at work, about 1/3 of them are on W11, the rest W10. Everyone prefers the W 10 PCs, much easier to use W10  are the most frequent  comments. https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/windows-11/people-share-what-they-hate-most-about-windows-11

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

We have about 800 laptops at work, all of them Windows 11. Everybody prefers them to Windows 10. 90% of the staff are under 60. Not sure if that is relevant. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

4 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

We have about 800 laptops at work, all of them Windows 11. Everybody prefers them to Windows 10. 90% of the staff are under 60. Not sure if that is relevant. 

Seems most people still not getting windows 11....

What percentage of Windows users use Windows 11?

Just 15.44 percent of PCs across the globe have installed Windows 11, meaning it gained 1.83 percentage points in a month. This compares to the 71.29 percent running Windows 10, which fell marginally from 71.88 percent in September.Nov 2, 2022

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have no idea where this whole "windows 10 is easier to use" is coming from. Took me less than half an hour to familiarize myself with Windows 11. 

• Like 5

In this context, "happy" does not mean a state of ecstasy, only satisfaction. :smile:

• Like 1

The reality -- as has been said many times -- is that there appears to be no clear advantage to Windows 11 over Windows 10. The argument that "Win 11 is the latest thing, therefore we should upgrade to it" is unconvincing. Win 11 is clearly a product for which there was no obvious demand, or need, and the fact that we are constantly pressured to convert to it -- and many are resisting that pressure -- is telling.

Edited by cobalt

15 minutes ago, cobalt said:

The reality -- as has been said many times -- is that there appears to be no clear advantage to Windows 11 over Windows 10. The argument that "Win 11 is the latest thing, therefore we should upgrade to it" is unconvincing. Win 11 is clearly a product for which there was no obvious demand, or need, and the fact that we are constantly pressured to convert to it -- and many are resisting that pressure -- is telling.

Then don't upgrade. End of discussion. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

53 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

End of discussion. 

No, it’s not.  It’s an open forum. He can give his opinion. 

Moderators? Why is this topic in MFFS 2020?

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

7 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Finally. After 98 posts, someone asked the relevant question. 😄

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

21 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Perhaps try and read the original post, might give you an idea.....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

4 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Perhaps try and read the original post, might give you an idea.....G

That all ended about the middle of the first page, and even that is a stretch. Comments about MSFS performance were mostly in jest about even putting the video together in the first place.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, fppilot said:

I made a slight adjustment to the title so it reflects how both systems work with MSFS 2020.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

With my current PC, I went from Windows 7 to Windows 11.  I was pleasantly surprised at just how painless it was, and how quickly I got used to W11. Never looked back.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I work in IT and I'm sticking with Win10 for now. Nothing against Win11 (though I hate the new explorer context menu - but I know you can turn that off) it's just that Win10 works fine for me and will be fully supported for another couple of years. I'd upgrade if there was a Win11 feature that I really wanted, but for now all is working really well in Win10.