Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

AI not appearing

I've setup and installed a large number of AIG flight plans and aircraft through the AIG manager. I've customised AI Traffic and make sure this is running while the sim is. However, it's quite a lottery whether I see traffic or not. Quite often I can see jetways moving towards an empty space (as though an aircraft is supposed to be there!) and I can see aircraft icons on the AI Traffic Manager, but nothing appears in sim. 

- Could this be an issue with the number of objects being generated?
- When should Ai Traffic Manager be started - before sim start? Once a flight has been loaded?
- What should traffic settings be set to to get the most AIG?
- Is there anything else I should be trying?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

2 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Sorry, can't resist:  FSLTL   Great models, no need to setup routes as it's reading traffic from FA, exquisite control over density.  You may have very different needs than I do, but for just making the environment entirely plausible w/ no fuss, no muss, for free, there is literally zero setup time.  Plus and this works for me--default ATC calls it all correctly. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

18 minutes ago, Noel said:

Sorry, can't resist:  FSLTL   Great models, no need to setup routes as it's reading traffic from FA, exquisite control over density.  You may have very different needs than I do, but for just making the environment entirely plausible w/ no fuss, no muss, for free, there is literally zero setup time.  Plus and this works for me--default ATC calls it all correctly. 

I've not come across this before as always used AIG. Is it better for MSFS?

As I've downloaded lots of AIG routes already using AIG Manager, do I need to do anything to uninstall these before installing FSLTL?

64.0 GB RAM

4 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

I can see aircraft icons on the AI Traffic Manager, but nothing appears in sim. 

Are you using GSX? Sounds like you're hitting the sim object render limit.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Are you using GSX? Sounds like you're hitting the sim object render limit.

Yea I’m using GSX. It looks like they should be there with the jetways moving into position and seeing them on AI Traffic Manager. I assume I’d have the same problem with FSLTL?

64.0 GB RAM

12 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Yea I’m using GSX. It looks like they should be there with the jetways moving into position and seeing them on AI Traffic Manager. I assume I’d have the same problem with FSLTL?

Both programs running in administrator? This fixed the issue for me.

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

6 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Could this be an issue with the number of objects being generated?

Most definately.

And yes, it makes no difference whether you use AIG or FSTL.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Plus and this works for me--default ATC calls it all correctly. 

To be fair, the default ATC works the same with AIG.

42 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

You may or may not with FSLTL as it's not displaying nearly the same amount of traffic and therefore much less objects. FSLTL includes roughly 1400 liveries, whereas AIG has the possibility of well over 12,000 including quite a few more aircraft types. If you already have AIG installed, I'd recommend that you keep it installed even if you decide to try out FSLTL. FSLTL will use the aircraft and liveries from AIG for those that are missing from FSLTL.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, BWBriscoe said:

Yea I’m using GSX. It looks like they should be there with the jetways moving into position and seeing them on AI Traffic Manager.

Open the GSX updater, go to the config page and uncheck 'Extra Ground Clutter', close the options page and update GSX.

r1WN3BS.png

The GSX jetways with that enabled add like 500 extra sim objects that cause a lot of problems.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

I'm not having issues w/ FSLTL--but I don't demand perfection either.  It's way sufficient to put just enough traffic at airports live and fixed and in that 50km radius.  I'm tuned for performance perfection and the traffic programs are substantial in their impact.  

For GSX I recommend ignoring anything but Deboarding at your arrival airport in terms of GSX actions.  If you're using default ATC just follow their gate assignment, you will be greeted most of the time by MSFS ground crew/marshall which arguably look much better than GSX' anyway, though I think he did a pretty good job w/ animations.  After shutting down engines then open GSX and deboard and this works well except at general aviation parking.  I do use pretty much all features at departure but arrivals often don't work well as your plane is often brought in well farther than it should be or so it seems.   

If you enjoy having all of your flight scored for quality execution I can heartily recommend A Pilot's Life v2.  Here is what you're scored on.  You have a career w/ whatever airline hires you and you fly actual routes they fly.  You can change companies by applying to other airlines.  PACX provides pleasant cabin announcing and it plays well with the other addons mentioned here.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

12 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

+ for FSLTL. You can keep the AIG liveries but I removed them for now.

You will get traffic, little FPS loss, traffic is there and visible and it still works with the GA offline mod so you can have small GA planes flying if you want.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

4 hours ago, Noel said:

For GSX I recommend ignoring anything but Deboarding at your arrival airport in terms of GSX actions.

I disagree, I find all stages of GSX very enjoyable to do.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I disagree, I find all stages of GSX very enjoyable to do.

I find the arrival marshall brings you in way past where the plane should be stopped, whereas default marshals never seem to do this.  I use default ATC so there is never an issue w/ being parked at the wrong gate, whereas that is never the case you have to request a gate from GSX.  In fact the only thing you miss with this approach is the GSX marshall, which IMO isn't nearly as realistic in its animation anyway. In P3D GSX I used to love trying to aim for a perfect parking w/ the numerical indicator, but unfortunately it's almost always hidden now.   After parking GSX deboarding takes over.  So what exactly is the 'enjoyable' part when all that's missing is the marshall on a ladder?  Just curious why you say that because until I got on to this I could not tolerate the parking location of the GSX marshall and I was told I needed to customize the thing.  How does one customize the parking location for all airports at once?  Is it per plane and applies then to all parking locations correctly?   Also, when you use GSX for arrival parking you get the hitch when you select a gate.  For a while I would let ATC tell me which gate, then direct GSX to it, but always there is another plane in that gate which doesn't matter because it's not true for starters, and then the hitch.  My method avoids all of this and there is zero loss of 'enjoyment' in fact it's superior if you use ATC gate assignment.  Subtle-taxiway-ribbon is a fabulous way to get there as well.

Edited by Noel

Noel

I would have thought that anyone using the best flight simulator on the market would want to see all of the detail (or at least as much as possible), and also all of the airliners that are scheduled to arrive and depart at specific airports. The thought of having to accept say.....30% of all scheduled arrivals and departures at any airport is not one that appeals to me. That being the case, I would have assumed that most users of GSX would want to see all of the vehicles/animations that this product has to offer.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I would have thought that anyone using the best flight simulator on the market would want to see all of the detail (or at least as much as possible), and also all of the airliners that are scheduled to arrive and depart at specific airports. The thought of having to accept say.....30% of all scheduled arrivals and departures at any airport is not one that appeals to me. That being the case, I would have assumed that most users of GSX would want to see all of the vehicles/animations that this product has to offer.

I do--except the marshall on a ladder.  I dialed in the traffic density that was compatible w/ perfect performance, and even now at 12 IFR in 50km radius and limited static considerably the performance impact is around 15-18%, which is as much as my hardware can manage and still retain 100% perfect stutter-free smooth animation everywhere. 

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel