Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Shooting the messenger...

So your not going to include any code for DX10.1? I thought you said you might earlier. Perhaps I was dreaming. Anyways Phil, I just want you to know the sim already exceeds my expectations - and SP2/DX10 should put it way over the top. So thanks for you work and keep it up!

Agreed 100%. The very notion that civility = "sucking up" is a direct commentary on the ones accusing such behavior. Yes our consumer dollars pay their salaries. Yes the very act of purchasing their software in some minds should be thanks enough. BUT...There is a personal stake. Do any of you take some sort of comfort or morale boost when your boss happens by and comments on a job well done? Certainly, he pays you to do your job, and that should be enough, right? What if you're doing your job the best that you can given your own restraints and resources, and your boss is constantly riding on you about how you could have done this or that better? Really sucks for morale.Tom is right in that Phil probably has a thick skin. It's a requirement of any public relations official. It's not so much a concern that the negative posters are hurting his feelings as it is a concern that you're tainting the community as a whole. Honestly, and this is truly my own honest and humble opinion, it's the presence of this sometimes irrational negativity that makes this community hard to get into. Trust me, I've been trying for years now.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Hi Phil, there is one little request, Can you ( if its possible ) see if they can put in an option to disable thermals. They are nice but i dont want to loose the wind effects. Its just a pain when flying GA when your plane suddenly doubles it speed and climbs at a great rate of knots and you end up flying nose down and still climbing then suddenly is goes the other way. Other waise i have growen to love fsx. I just did a complete reinstall of Xp on my pc and FSX is set at 30 FPS and i havnt even begun to tweak it yet. Before i had i set to 26 so shows you that its always good to do a reinstall of a new machine ( direct from the shop ) and just leave out all the garbage the shop installs and your system should improve.

Guest RonB49

>Hi Phil, there is one little request, Can you ( if its possible ) >see if they can put in an option to disable thermals. I'm not Phil but I can tell you that there is already a checkbox that will disable thermals. I believe that it is under Options > Settings > Display then click the Weather tab.R-

I think what I said was that we should get the advantage of the low-level driver layer features like finer-grained interruptability/scheduling and virtual texturing/paging without doing anything; and werent going to go after any API layer features that would require coding.

Very simple. I'm not buying a new machine and Vista for a reason. That's all Microsoft needs to understand.

Tom,Thanks for the note, it reminds me that some behavior is not acceptable. I'm sorry I posted with unnecessary attitude on your boards and at anyone who might have taken offense. I think if you consider my posting history you'll see this is unusual for me.

Yes Bill, and an interpersonal social skill known as "Manners".;-)

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

>Excellent riposte (or is that repost) Bill! :)Thank you, Tom! I am occasionally able to set aside my own curmudgeonly nature to practice this lost art form myself... :-lol

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator