Sign in to follow this  
jarmstro

Embraer E175 by FSS

On 2/14/2023 at 5:23 PM, Twenty6 said:

FSS played around with the glass cockpit refresh rate and it's causing your (and everybody else's) stuttering. I was hoping for a hot fix to address this one problem, but nothing to date. Changing the refresh rate to LOW helps a bit with stutters but introduces lag into changing hdg, speed, etc, so pick your poison. Next scheduled update is Feb. 21.

Their discord if you're interested: https://discord.gg/UEwX7fHe

Thanks I was looking for that discord.

I have question re Embraer. It is more than 1 month since the release. FSS presented kind of roadmap of the bug fixes/new features. 

For ppl who own this aircraft, do you feel the good progress was made in the past month and there are good prospects for the future? Or it feels like FSS promised a lot of things and the development goes not as quick as they promised?

Does any one think this plane looks over scale (too porky) or is it just me? 

On 2/17/2023 at 5:14 AM, ark4diusz said:

I have question re Embraer. It is more than 1 month since the release. FSS presented kind of roadmap of the bug fixes/new features. 

For ppl who own this aircraft, do you feel the good progress was made in the past month and there are good prospects for the future? Or it feels like FSS promised a lot of things and the development goes not as quick as they promised?

it hasn't even been 2 full months yet and we have 2 updates.  I think the next update will be pretty substantial and they are starting to move over to WASM and are using LOAD27.3 as the basis.  Follow the discord above and it will give you a better Idea of where the project stands.  Marten has claimed today that the FPS and stuttering is now fixed.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2023 at 5:26 AM, jarmstro said:

Does any one think this plane looks over scale (too porky) or is it just me? 

Someone has brought this up but it was disproven on discord. It was determined that the tail is 2 feet too tall, but... no one is sure whether the Embraer docs show the plane in an unloaded state or not. I think the issue is the small engines make the fuselage look too "porky". Our brains are so used to seeing a different ratio of engine to fuselage on Aribuses and Boeings that the Embraer looks weird. I just flew an E 175 on Wednesday and it looks spot on to me. 

A new patch is out

E-Jets Update 0.9.4

Dear Supporters,

Due to the stutter issues with our last update, we are currently focusing on improving performance. At this point, it would not make sense to implement new features until the performance is at an acceptable level. Accordingly, this release contains only bug fixes and a few improvements.

By now we know pretty well why the performance is so bad. To put it simply, the rendering in the JavaScript/HTML combination is causing us problems. This is always the case when values change. You can see this most clearly in the PFD. As long as the plane does not move, everything is fine. But as soon as values like speed or altitude change and therefore have to be updated on the PFD, the stutters start.

This can ultimately only be solved by switching to the WASM/NanoVG combination. However, this is easier said than done. C++ is more complex to code and JavaScript is not easy to convert. You can’t run a “Google Translator” over it and get your code in another language because while the human brain can interpret even grammatically wrong sentences correctly, the software compiler shuts down immediately. Only if it is translated 100% correctly, you can continue to work with it. So you see, it is complex and therefore takes time.

In this release we have already migrated some code parts into WASM, but we will need another 4 weeks until everything is on a new basis. Besides that we will continue to work on the system logic, which is already coded in WASM, and integrate new functions into the EFB.

The future remains exciting!

Vertical Navigation

Waiting for backend FMS code to complete

Bug Fixes

The plane in question seems to have a broken slats and flaps indicator. As is typical for Embraer planes, the indicator should briefly show the flap setting as it moves through the different positions. In this case, however, the indicator shows the current position throughout the whole cycle, not just the position it is passing through. Adding that it’s fixed.

Improvements

22 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

A new patch is out

E-Jets Update 0.9.4

Dear Supporters,

Due to the stutter issues with our last update, we are currently focusing on improving performance. At this point, it would not make sense to implement new features until the performance is at an acceptable level. Accordingly, this release contains only bug fixes and a few improvements.

By now we know pretty well why the performance is so bad. To put it simply, the rendering in the JavaScript/HTML combination is causing us problems. This is always the case when values change. You can see this most clearly in the PFD. As long as the plane does not move, everything is fine. But as soon as values like speed or altitude change and therefore have to be updated on the PFD, the stutters start.

This can ultimately only be solved by switching to the WASM/NanoVG combination. However, this is easier said than done. C++ is more complex to code and JavaScript is not easy to convert. You can’t run a “Google Translator” over it and get your code in another language because while the human brain can interpret even grammatically wrong sentences correctly, the software compiler shuts down immediately. Only if it is translated 100% correctly, you can continue to work with it. So you see, it is complex and therefore takes time.

In this release we have already migrated some code parts into WASM, but we will need another 4 weeks until everything is on a new basis. Besides that we will continue to work on the system logic, which is already coded in WASM, and integrate new functions into the EFB.

The future remains exciting!

Vertical Navigation

Waiting for backend FMS code to complete

Bug Fixes

The plane in question seems to have a broken slats and flaps indicator. As is typical for Embraer planes, the indicator should briefly show the flap setting as it moves through the different positions. In this case, however, the indicator shows the current position throughout the whole cycle, not just the position it is passing through. Adding that it’s fixed.

Improvements

So I guess their professional devs only recently heard about C++? Or did they just think that they could code a complex computerized aircraft with JavaScript? Good luck for anyone still believing in that show…

14 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

So I guess their professional devs only recently heard about C++? Or did they just think that they could code a complex computerized aircraft with JavaScript? Good luck for anyone still believing in that show…

Yes, I wondered that. Why didn't they do it from the start?  Performance is a tad better now though. And I'm confident that they are in it for the long term. Even in the state it's in it's a country mile better than the only other E175 option. 

Edited by jarmstro

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Or you have to be super advanced in JavaScript to get the best out of it like WT and FBW.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

23 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Or you have to be super advanced in JavaScript to get the best out of it like WT and FBW.

They run entirely on JavaScript? The displays too?

4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

They run entirely on JavaScript? The displays too?

Yep. JavaScript is powerful and flexible that is very easy to misuse if you don't know it pretty well.

WT wrote a avionics framework which makes it easy for 3rd party developers to develop systems in Javascript, I don't know if they are using it though (I think is used by FBW as well).

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Hi there,

I bought the FSS E175 a few days ago on aerosoft website in version 0.9.2.

I can't find how to download the latest update. Could someone guide me?

And also impossible to go to the Discord server, all the links are invalid

Thank you so much

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

15 minutes ago, WEF652 said:

Hi there,

Thank you so much

Go to the aerosoft one app and delete your installation, then reinstall as experimental, then you get the updates.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

37 minutes ago, WEF652 said:

Hi there,

Thank you so much

Does this Discord link work for you?

https://discord.gg/NHKKMeX4